Funding Instructions for Student Organizations
Rolling Funding is no longer available this academic year.
Rolling Funding Rules
- The Rolling Funding pool is available to registered student organizations from mid-September to April.
- The maximum amount awarded to an RSO will be $1,000 from this pool of money.
- Can apply a maximum of twice in an academic year. (i.e. you can ask for $300 in November and then $700 in March). Cannot exceed $1,000 total over the year.
- This pool is for organizations that may have needs throughout the academic year and were not awarded Mass Funding dollars the previous spring.
- CANNOT fund programs, events or purchases that have already occurred. Your funding need must take place before June 2017.
Rolling Funding Application Process
Step 1: Submit Application. Fill out the Rolling Funding Application (see above) by weekly deadline. The funding proposal must be SUBMITTED a MINIMUM of two weeks before the funding is
Step 2: Application Review. The Registered Student Organization Funding Board will meet to decide on funding allocations the following week after the application deadline. Clubs will receive an email inviting them to send a representative to the Funding Board meeting. Organizations will be notified within one week of the Funding Board meeting if their funding application was approved and the total amount awarded. The Funding Board will not meet during university holidays or breaks. Your application will be accepted over breaks, but will take longer to review.
Step 3: Schedule Spending Orientation. A representative from your organization (preferably Leader and/or Treasurer) must attend a meeting with the Office of Student Engagement after you have been notified of funding approval to learn the process for spending your allocated money.
Matching Funding is no longer available this academic year.
The purpose of the Matching Fund pool is to support registered student organizations in their funding needs as well as encouraging external fundraising. The availability of this pool of money is reassessed every year.
Matching Fund Application Process
SAME AS ROLLING-SEE ABOVE
Matching Fund Rules
- The maximum amount a club can request be matched is $500. By applying for $500, your club is committing to fundraising an additional $500. Your club may only apply once an academic year for the Matching Fund pool.
- If your club already has Mass or Rolling Funding, you are still eligible to apply. You can also apply without having either of those funding sources.
- Club Sports are NOT eligible to apply for Matching Funding.
- Money must be raised through financial donations or fundraisers. No in-kind/services donations.
- If you receive Matching Fund money, the money will be released to your group as soon as you show proof of money raised. Like the other funding pools, we will not write checks to a club, rather the money will be used for reimbursements, etc.
- Example: You have raised $200 of your $500 goal. You show proof (see below what constitutes as proof) of raising $200, OAE will release $200 of your $500 total to your club in the form of a reimbursement.
- Money must be raised in the current academic year. You are eligible to begin fundraising before being approved for the Matching Fund, however, you must be able to show proof of funds raised during the current academic year.
- You must raise the money and provide proof of doing so by June 1st, 2017.
- The permitted and prohibited uses of funds as stated in the RSOFB policies still apply.
Types of Fundraising and Needed Supporting Documentation for Matching Funding
Financial donations qualify when someone (can be individual, business, organization, etc.) OUTSIDE of the organization makes a financial donation in the name of the club. Donations/Dues from members, advisors, leaders or other registered student organizations are not permitted. If we suspect student organizations are breaking or bending this rule, we will investigate and potentially withdraw current funding as well as future funding for your club. Please do not abuse this rule.
Documentation Needed for Financial Donations:
- Copy of bank deposit slip
- Copy of check(s) made out to your student organization from donor. No cash from individual donors or businesses, checks only.
- Donor must fill out Donor Form addressing donation intentions.
Fundraisers can be an event, program, or individual club members participating in events such as the Career Fair, working athletic events, etc. All of these DO count as fundraising on behalf of the organization.
Documentation Needed of Fundraising:
- OSE Fundraising Report Form must be submitted, which will include:
- How much total money was raised
- How many participants were involved
- Copy of event advertisement or other form of proof of event.
- Other information at request of OSE.
- Copy of deposit slip of funds raised into club bank account.
- If applicable, copy of check(s) made to your student organization from fundraiser.
Start the 2017-2018 Mass Funding Application HERE.
Deadline: March 28th, 2017, Noon
Download the Mass Funding Information Session Presentation
Mass Funding Spring 2017 Timeline:
- Mass Applications Open: Feb. 14
- Information Sessions: Between Feb. 21-March 20
- Application Deadline: March 28@ Noon
- Application Review: March 28-April 22
- Notifications of Funding: Between April 26-May 3
- To be eligible to apply for Mass Funding:
- At least ONE member (prefer leadership) MUST attend an information session. CHOOSE ONE:
2/21, 5:30-6:30pm, 233 SUB
2/22, 12-1pm, 235 SUB
3/1, 10-11am, 235 SUB
3/20, 3-4pm, 233 SUB
- IMPORTANT: Due to the fact Rolling Funding ran out early this semester, the Funding Board has decided to remove the qualification that your club must have received funding in the past in order to apply for Mass Funding.
- Your student organization MUST be a currently registered as a student organization BEFORE you submit your application.
- The Mass Funding application is applying for funds for the 2017-2018 academic year. Your request must include expenses that will take place between July 1st, 2017 and June 30th, 2018.
- Your request must total OVER $1,000.
- Only one Mass Funding application will be accepted from each registered student organization. Please plan for the entire academic year when applying for funds.
Mass Funding Application Process
Step 1: Attend Mass Funding Information Session.
Step 2: Submit this application by March 28th.
Step 3: Application Review. The Registered Student Organization Funding Board will meet to decide on funding allocations. Clubs do not attend this meeting. Organizations will be notified if their funding application was approved and the total amount awarded.
Step 4: Attend Spending Orientation. A representative from your organization must attend the Mass Funding Orientation in September to learn the process for spending your allocated money.