Annual Student Organization Registration
2018-2019 Student Organization Registration
CLICK HERE TO BEGIN
Groups that want to be recognized as an official Registered Student Organization at MSU, must complete the registration process once each academic year. For returning clubs, in order to keep your registration status active from 2017-2018, you MUST register by September 30th. Clubs can register at any time throughout the year, however. The deadline is just to keep your registration status active from the previous year.
Officer/Leader Update Form: Please complete this if you have new leadership during the academic year AFTER your club has already registered for the current academic year. DO NOT DO THIS UNTIL AFTER YOU COMPLETE THIS YEAR'S REGISTRATION!
Steps to Become a Registered Student Organization
1. Submit a completed Registered Student Organization (RSO) registration form found at the top of this page.
- Part of the form will have you send it to your faculty or staff student organization advisor for final approval and signature. If you have not received a confirmation email the form has been submitted, please check with your advisor to see if they have submitted it yet.
2. Complete the Registration Quiz. This quiz allows us to relay some basic information and resources. CHALLENGE: Can you get them all right!? Only one individual from your organization needs to complete this. Once we have received this quiz, we will continue processing your registration. You can start this quiz at any time!
3. Organization Roster. If you did not submit your Student Organization Roster in the online form, please email either a word document or PDF of your clubs current roster to email@example.com.
4. Office of Student Engagement (OSE) will process your registration once they receive both the registration form and quiz. Please allow up to 3 working
days for the OSE office to process and approve the registration. OSE will send an
RSO confirmation email to the listed president and club advisor that your group is
registered and will also attach an official “RSO Letter” that you can use as proof
of registration. Your RSO Letter is your group’s "identification" to receive the benefits
of being a registered student organization.
In order for the Office of Student Engagement (OSE) to recognize a student group, the following minimum standards must be met:
1. Have a clearly defined purpose/mission.
2. Submit an updated and complete registration application (link found at the top of this page) and complete registration quiz annually (RSO status of existing clubs is good until Sept. 30 of the following academic year). Completion of the application does not guarantee registration approval.
3. All executive positions (President ,VP, etc.) must be held by currently enrolled MSU-Bozeman students. No non-students can hold these positions.
4. Minimum of 10 members is required, 80% of your overall membership MUST be currently enrolled students of MSU-Bozeman. Please note, however, that if your group is a club sport, 100% of your members must be registered, fee-paying students. Please contact Campus Recreation at 994-6313 for more information.
5. Your organization must have a designated staff or faculty advisor who is employed by MSU at least part-time.
6. The group may not exist to make a profit of any kind.
7. Your group must comply with University policies and regulations pertaining to organizations, including contents of the Registered Student Organization Manual.
If you do not meet these criteria, please do not begin the registration process until all above criteria are met.
New Student Organizations
We have a whole page dedicated to new student organizations, please CLICK HERE.
New Club Sports
If you are wishing to start a club sport, you must meet with the Club Sport Director, Allie Bogard, before your registration is approved.
Benefits of Being Registered
- Free use of University meeting rooms and facilities (certain areas and types of events may have rental fees).
- Free use of SUB mailbox (based on availability).
- Free use of club locker space (based on availability).
- Inclusion on the RSO list on the OSE website to allow others to view your club information.
- Inclusion on the RSO listserv hosted by OSE.
- Ability to participate in the bi-annual Involvement Fair to recruit members.
- Use of the Office of Student Engagement flyer posting service.
- Access to a graphic designer to help with club graphics.
- Access to training and leadership development by OSE.
- Ability to participation in the Club Incentive program.
- Eligibility to apply for student organization funding (available through the student activity fee) through OSE and the RSO Funding Board.
- Use of SUB advertising space: Includes banners, posters, table tents, and information tables. All of these items must be reserved through Conference Services.
- Use of the OSE SUB Union Marketplace TV advertising space.
- Support from OSE staff for event planning, club travel, organization management and more!