Upcoming Trainings 2013-2014
We do not have any upcoming trainings.
- Leader Transition Checklist: This document will help clubs going through a leadership transition or to prepare
- Event Planning 101: This document helps lay out the pieces of event planning, including
advertising and venues.
- Effective Meetings: How to plan and execute meetings that are meaningful and efficient. Handout provided
by Don Greer.
- Advisor Agreement Worksheet: This worksheet can be a means of communicating expectations of the organization-advisor
- Officer Update Sheet: Please complete this if you have new leadership during the academic year after your
club has already registered.
- Student Organization Tax Guidance: This document helps student organizations understand if they need to file for taxes
or not, including how to become a non-profit.
- How to obtain a Tax ID Number: This document walks you through how to request a Tax ID (or EIN) for your club in
order to set up a bank account.
Advertising Checklist: Use to learn about avenues to advertise on and off-campus for your club, event or
Runner Board: The OAE manages a runner board in the SUB Union Market and is available
for clubs to use for advertising.
The electronic runner board in the Strand Union is situated above the entrance to
the Union Market. If your group is sponsoring a campus event, perhaps a fundraiser,
a lecture, or a sporting event – it is eligible to advertise on the Activities and
Engagement Runner Board for free!
If you decide to take advantage of this advertising opportunity, here are the guidelines:
- Limit your message length to 150 characters or less (including punctuation).
- OAE must receive the request form 48 hours in advance of the date you would like your
message to begin.
- Messages may run for a maximum of two weeks only
- OAE reserves the right not to run obscene or lewd messages or those advertising alcohol-related
- Submit completed form found below.
CLICK HERE to submit!
OAE Poster Policy: All Registered Student Organizations have access to the free poster delivery service through the Office of Activities
and Engagement. Please click on the link to learn about the policies. FALL 2013 Weekly Deadline: Tuesdays at 4pm. Note: We will not hang posters during the summer months or during university breaks.
We apologize for any inconvenience.
Activities & Event Submission:
- Each registered student organization is required to submit this form for every major
activity or event the organization hosts throughout the current academic year.
- This form does not need to be completed for regular organization meetings.
- Complete this form within 2 weeks of the event.
CLICK HERE to submit your event!
Solicitation/Advertising in Residence Halls:
MSU Alumni Foundation Guidelines
Registered Student Organization Foundation Guidelines
We are excited to announce a new partnership we have formed with the MSU Alumni Foundation.
The Foundation will now receive charitable contributions on behalf of registered student
organizations. As most of our student clubs are not non-profit organizations, this
service is provided to help registered student organizations receive donations from
funders who desire or require donations be made through a non-profit entity. Donors
who make contributions in support of a qualified registered student organization through
the MSU Alumni Foundation will be provided with the appropriate document to substantiate
the tax deductibility of the contribution
Please read the guidelines above THOROUGHLY if you plan to utilize this new option.
There are a few student organizations that are not eligible to use this program due
to the nature of the club, so please review these guidelines carefully to determine
if your club is or is not a fit.
Learn from other successful clubs at MSU!
Network of Environmentally Conscious Organizations (NECO)