University Student Travel Policies can be found HERE. Registered Student Organizations are upheld to these policies.
Registered Student Organizations are allowed to travel as part of an organization-related trip anywhere off-campus. Due to the inherent risks associated with travel of any kind, OAE requires student organizations to complete travel forms PRIOR to traveling. Please read/submit the forms no fewer than 10 days prior to the travel date to the Office of Activities and Engagement.
Download forms HERE.
As of August 15th, 2013, MSU Motor Pool is no longer operational. Rather, MSU is in contract with Enterprise to meet our transportation rental needs.
To reserve vehicles, please contact Mandy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE NOTE: If you have student organization funding for travel, please contact Mandy in OAE, as these vehicles will need to be reserved on the university credit card.
Vehicles rented through Enterprise may be picked up and returned on campus at the current Motor Pool location, located off of 7th and Grant. Vehicles may be picked up on campus between 7:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. Facilities Services is working with Enterprise to explore options for a lock box so that in the future, there may be a way for vehicles to be picked up at any time. Information will be updated as we know it.
Rates for Enterprise are available at
Online Defensive Driving Training Instructions:
In order to drive the 7-passenger vans or SUV’s through the MSU contract through any of the above vendors, you MUST complete this online training or an approved defensive driving classroom or hands-on course.
*If you have taken either the 15-passenger van training, driver safety for campuses, Defensive Driving DDC-4, the online defensive driving (for 7-10 passenger), or another approved defensive driving course WITHIN the last 3 years, you DO NOT need to take the training again. Please contact Mandy at email@example.com and she will verify if you have completed this training.
Must complete EITHER the online or classroom, do not need to complete both.
PLEASE NOTE: You will need to be on a computer with speakers (or headphone capability). You will need to finish the training all at once, as there is no way to log back in to the system.
- Username: 6450632
- Password: 59718
- On the left side, click on “Workplace Safety”
- Click on "Defensive Driving for Noncommercial Motorists" the 15th course down
- Register yourself for the training.
- First = First Name
- Last = Last Name
- Title=student (or staff position)
- Department=Activities & Engagement
- Student/Employee = Your designation
- Hit the Login button.
- Click on the “Start Training” button. It should take about 30 minutes.
- Please download and read the “MUS Board of Regents Vehicle Policy & Procedures” BEFORE taking the course. It will not let you begin the course without doing this.
- Continue to training
- You must obtain an 80% or higher (no more than 2/10 questions incorrect) on the quiz at the end to pass this course. If you do not pass, please review the slides again and retake the quiz until you reach 80%.
- Once you have completed the course and passed the quiz you will receive an email with a link to your training certificate. You can also choose “generate certificate.”
Register for a course at: http://www.montana.edu/wwwsrm/training.htm
*IMPORTANT: You must print off or forward your certificate to the trip leader/organizer to turn in to the Office of Activities and Engagement. *