The below Outdoor Program Request is necessary to hold an event or program for the outdoor campus areas listed below. Please view the MSU campus map for further details. This request must be submitted 2 full weeks ahead of the event date otherwise, we may not be able to consider the request.
Lewis and Clark Field
Romney Flagpole Area
PLEASE NOTE: This form is for APPROVAL AND NOTIFICATION purposes only, and does not serve as a reservation. Use of space is on a first-come, first-serve basis
Outdoor Programming Policy:
- In all areas, an "Outdoor Program Agreement" must be filed with the Office of Activities and Engagement, AT LEAST TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO THE EVENT.
- Common hour exam schedules must always be checked. No programming should be done during common hour exams.
- Due to classes, events with sound will be allowed Monday through Friday from noon to 1 pm ONLY at Roskie Hall, Centennial Mall, and Hannon. AMPLIFIED SOUND IS NOT PERMITTED IN ANY OTHER LOCATION AT ANY OTHER TIME DURING THE WEEK !!!!!
- Any event/program that requires digging holes or driving any stakes into the ground (no matter how shallow) must receive explicit permission from FACILITIES SERVICES.
- All department heads in buildings adjacent to the actual event will be notified by the Office of Activities and Engagement of the event, the potential crowd, the beginning and ending times, and any other important factors at least one week prior to the event.
- If your approved event includes serving food (even pre-packaged candy) or beverages to the public, per State of Montana food regulations, you must contact Toots Taszut, Registered Sanitarian, within ONE WEEK of your event, to discuss food safety training and applying for a Temporary Food Permit. Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org or 406.994.6455.
NOTE: If you are copying and pasting from a word document, you may have difficulties with submitting the form.