Our office is committed to fostering strong, reciprocal relationships with area community-based organizations. If you are interested in learning more about ways to partner with Montana State University please read on!
Want to utilize MSU students, faculty, administrators, and staff as volunteers, interns or work-study staff within your organization? Here are some ways to tap into this amazing human capital:
- Attend our Involvement Fair held at the beginning of each fall and spring semesters. We will provide each participating organization with table space, up to two chairs, and one campus parking permit per day. This event is free to non-profit and tax-exempt organizations.
- Post your opportunity on Volunteer Connections of Greater Gallatin United Way. This is a website that allows organizations to post their needs and community members can seek out these opportunities. We direct students to this website when they are seeking community involvement opportunities in the community.
- Propose a project for our Service Saturdays program. These once-a month service projects are a great way to complete a project for your organization and introduce students to your organization and the ongoing opportunities you can offer.
- Post your opportunity on MyCatCareers. This is an online system for MSU students and alumni to search for employment, internship, work-study or volunteer opportunities.
- Let our office know about your opportunity! We can post it on our website and send it out to our Volunteer Reserves listserv. An email is sent out to about 850 students who are interested in learning about upcoming service opportunities. Submit your information here.
- The Community Work-Study program is a great way to hire MSU students at a reasonable cost to your organization. Please contact us to learn more.
- Once per month, Faculty, Administration, and Staff with from across the campus join forces to engage in service projects and make a difference in our community through the FAST program. Please click here for more information
Partnering with an MSU faculty member on a service learning course?
- Learn more about this potential on our pages dedicated to service learning.
- Please contact Kathy Tanner in our office to explore ideas or get more information.
Involving an MSU student in research that would benefit your organization, the population you serve or the larger community?
- The MSU Undergraduate Scholars Program facilitates and supports undergraduate research. Please contact their office to explore ideas or get more information.