Financial Management Publications
- Check Register Tracking System (EB 50) (2002) Order Online
MSU Extension's most popular item! This special booklet fits inside your checkbook. Detailed instructions explain how to transform your own ordinary checkbook into a handy budgeting tool. (2002)
- (State Residents: $1.00 per register)
- (Out-of-State Residents: $2.00 per register)
- Check Register Description: Using a Check Register to Track Your Expenses. (MT198703HR) (2011) Order Online
MontGuide fact sheet that accompanies Check Register Tracking System (above) to help you track expenses and be a more effective manager of your personal finances.
- Developing a Spending Plan. (MT199703HR) (2018) Order Online
A spending plan helps reduce the need for consumer credit, save for things wanted and live within income. This MontGuide with worksheets will help you balance your income and expenses so that money is available for the things your family needs most.
- Record of Planned Spending Year Worksheet (Easy form that calculates for you-Excel) | (PDF)
- Record of Actual Yearly Expenses Worksheet(Easy form that calculates for you-Excel) | (PDF)
- Helping Friends Cope with Financial Crisis. (MT200206HR) (2013) Order Online
Understanding how to reach out to a friend experiencing a financial crisis can help you assist them during their time of need. Knowing what resources are available can prepare you to help your friend and being aware of signs of depression can alert you to a friend's need for professional help.
- Schedule of Non-Monthly Family Living Expenses. (MT198910HR) (2017) Order Online
Your monthly budget may seem lower than it really is if you forget to include annual or periodical expenses such as insurance, property taxes, or holiday gifts. This MontGuide includes instructions and a worksheet for establishing the true cost of your family's non-monthly living expenses.
- Using a Homestead Declaration to Protect Your Home from Creditors. (MT199815HR) (2018) Order Online
By signing a legal document known as a homestead declaration, you can protect up to $250,000 in value of your home against creditors' claims. Homestead declaration forms are available at http://courts.mt.gov/Forms/endlife#69774126-forms