Academic Advising Award
This award is designed to honor individuals at Montana State University who have made
significant contributions to academic advising.
This award will closely follow the National Academic Advising Association’s core values and the criteria for their national outstanding advising award.
The selection committee will evaluate nominees on the following criteria:
- Strong interpersonal skills that include a caring, helpful attitude toward advisees, faculty, and/or staff.
- Commitment to engage in developmental advising as compared to prescriptive advising.
- Skill in guiding and supporting the student’s journey and academic development.
- Reliable and consistent availability to advisees.
- Support for student progress towards graduation and career goals.
- Demonstrated outreach and initiatives to support student success.
Eligibility. To be eligible, an individual must be either a current tenure track or non-tenure track faculty, or a professional advisor (one whose primary responsibility isto advise students), and have been employed at MSUBozeman for a minimum of three years. Not eligible are current members of the selection committee and previous winners of the award.