Programs and Certificates
- New Faculty Orientation - providing new faculty with resources to start their careers at MSU.
- Early Career Faculty Success Program- helping early career faculty with workshops and mentoring.
- Early Career Faculty Mentoring- the Center pairs early career faculty with experienced faculty outside their college.
- Connecting Faculty - providing mentoring opportunities, group work in workshops and connecting faculty interested in particular grants or research topics.
- Certificates of Completion - offering certificates for Teaching Enhancement, Early Career Success, and Research & Creativity Leadership.
- Academic Leadership (DEAL) - encouraging best practices and collegial development of MSU’s current and future academic leaders through highly interactive monthly workshops that allow participants to both explore a variety of substantive topics and create personal networks across disciplines and units at MSU.
- Faculty Learning Communities - bringing together communities of practice around topics such as online teaching, writing groups, integrated learning, active learning, and others.
- Teaching Online Program - offering faculty support and training for teaching online through the Teaching Online Program (TOP).
- Teaching Academy - giving faculty the opportunity to gain new perspectives and insights into teaching by observing other faculty members who are using active teaching methods in their courses.
- National Center for Diversity & Development - providing access to a national online resources for faculty, postdocs, and students designed to increase writing productivity, work-life balance, and overall academic success.
Other MSU Professional Development opportunties can be found on the Human Resources website.