Thank you for your interest in becoming a tutor for the MSU America Reads * America Counts program!
- Must be work-study eligible to receive wages
- Committed to tutoring both fall and spring semesters
- Wage $11.00/hour • Paid monthly
- Or, you may volunteer as a tutor
Becoming a Tutor
The MSU America Reads * America Counts (MSU AR*AC) program offers education majors an opportunity to gain experience working in a classroom environment prior to their practicum and student teaching experiences. Non-education majors can build their resume as well. Tutors are paired with K - 8 students in Bozeman area schools who have been identified as needing help with reading, literacy, and math. We will work with your schedule to make sure that you earn as much of your award as possible while maintaining a schedule that is beneficial to you. The Field Placement & Licensure Office provides all tutors training prior to beginning work in the classroom.
Please read the full job description to learn more about the responsibilities and qualifications of tutors before applying.
How to Apply - Applications are closed for Spring 2018.
- Fill out the application.
- Submit all application materials by the priority deadline date of January 8, 2018--DEADLINE EXTENDED TO JANUARY 15, 2018. However, rolling applications will continue to be accepted after this date.
Save the Dates
January 8, 2018: Priority Application Deadline
January 12, 2018: Tutor Interviews
January 19, 2018: Hire Date & Mandatory Tutor Training
January 22, 2018: Tutor Start Date