Thank you for your interest in becoming a tutor for the MSU America Reads * America Counts program!
- Must be work-study eligible to receive wages
- Committed to tutoring both fall and spring semesters
- Wage $11.00/hour • Paid monthly
- Or, you may volunteer as a tutor
Becoming a Tutor
The MSU America Reads * America Counts (MSU AR*AC) program offers education majors an opportunity to gain experience working in a classroom environment prior to their practicum and student teaching experiences. Non-education majors can build their resume as well. Tutors are paired with K - 8 students in Bozeman area schools who have been identified as needing help with reading, literacy, and math. We will work with your schedule to make sure that you earn as much of your award as possible while maintaining a schedule that is beneficial to you. The Field Placement & Licensure Office provides all tutors training prior to beginning work in the classroom.
Please read the ARAC Tutor Job Description to learn more about the responsibilities and qualifications of tutors before applying.
- Complete online application.
- ARAC tutor candidates interviewed in group session
- Bring work-study eligibility certificate to job interview.
- Tutors who have been offered a position must attend a mandatory orientation prior to tutoring.
- Submit application by the priority deadline date: August 31, 2018, 5:00pm Extended
to Tuesday, September 4, 2018
Save the Dates
8/31/18 Application Deadline
9/17/18 Tutor Start Date