Welding Technology Program
Upon completion of this program, students are eligible to apply to be listed in the AWS National Registry of Welders.
Graduates are prepared to:
- Meet safety requirements.
- Produce welds in all positions that meet industry standards using the following process(es):
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW)
- Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW)
- Flux Cored Arc Welding (FCAW)
- Make cuts that meet industry standards in the following process(es):
- Plasma Arc Cutting (PAC)
- Air Carbon Arc Cutting (CAC-C)
- Understand the use of measuring instruments and their purpose.
- Understand power sources and current types.
- Interpret welding blueprints and weld symbols.
- Utilize basic welding metallurgy.
- Utilize oral and written communication skills in the workplace, including terminology in the welding industry.
This program is currently full for the Academic Year 2016-2017. Please contact Gallatin College for further information.
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit our website at www.montana.edu/opa/GEdisclosures/welding.htm