Commit 2B Fit is a FREE program designed to encourage and reward regular exercisers. Participants commit to two workouts per week for 10 weeks plus a weekly “out of the box” challenge from the list provided below. Participants may also pick up a personal copy of the rules and activities at the Rec Sports Office. Completion of activies must be verified by a member of the RSF staff: photographic evidence is accepted for activities that take place outside the Hosaeus Fitness Center (indicated by the activity).
Upon completion, participants earn the much coveted Commit 2B Fit t-shirt.
Sponsored by Montana Blue Cross/Blue Shield.
Would you like to know more? Click here for more information on the program, or here for a printable challenge list.
- Create a Food Journal for one week.
- Attend one of the free RSF workshops. Calendar available at www.montana.edu/getfit.
- Ride your bike to work/class.
- Workout in the Functional Training Room.
- Walk on Peet's Hill for one hour.
- Write down your fitness goals. Try to be Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, & Time Bound.
- Sign up for a free goal assessment with a personal trainer.
- Climb for a half hour at the climbing wall. Attending a free climbing wall orientation is valid. (Shoe rental is $2 at the Equipment Room.)
- Attend a "new to you" Group Fitness Class. If you don't have a pass drop-in rate is $3.
- Row 1,000 meters.
- Go for a run or walk around the campus perimeter.
- Reserve a racquetball court and play!
- Do 20 medicine ball slams in a row.
- Workout with a friend, classmate, or coworker. Teach each other 1 new exercise.
- Perform 10 burpees. Challenge yourself to do them in a row or take break in between.
- Do 20 vertical jumps.
- Learn a fitness center employee's name and introduce yourself.
- Perform 20 kettlebell swings, take a break or perform all in a row.
- Try out a new cardio machine for at least 20 minutes. Make sure you are challenging yourself.
- Check out the agility ladder from the equipment room and add it to your routine.
- Go to the Fitness Center with a written out work out plan.
- Try 10 box jumps. If this is too difficult try 10 box step-ups one foot at a time.
- Check out the blog site from the Personal Trainers http://msurecsports.wordpress.com/.
- Try to use a foam roller for 10 minutes. Ask a Personal Trainer if you have any questions.
- Use the pool for a workout, lap swim or try a Hydro Jog class. Drop in rate $3.
- Add an exercise ball into your workout.
- Do 15 bicycle sit-ups.