The Climbing Wall is open during regular building hours
The MSU climbing gym is a great place to learn, practice your rock-climbing skills, meet new people, share experiences that will change your life, reduce stress, and have fun! Our staff are all eager to help in any way they can and will happily help you reach your new climbing goals (even if it's just getting to the top!) We can set a wide variety of goals at all difficulties that will be sure to challenge you no matter what your climbing level is. Come on in and try something new!
The MSU climbing gym is a great place to learn about climbing, practice your bouldering skills, meet new people, share experiences, reduce stress, and have fun! Our staff are all eager to help in any way they can and will happily help you reach your new climbing goals. We set a wide variety of climbing routes for all levels that will be sure to challenge you no matter your climbing level. Come on in and try something new!
- Before using our climbing wall, please be sure to become aware of the MSU Climbing Wall Guidelines and Rules, which can be found here.
- Climbing shoes can be rented through the fitness center equipment room.
We offer free climbing wall orientations, which can be set up with our staff. Please call 994-6278 if you are interested.
- The climbing wall staff offer special programs throughout the Fall & Spring semesters on Rock Climbing Fundamentals, Bouldering Training & Technique, Women’s classes, and Kids programs. Check with our fitness center main office to find out more! (994-5000).
- To inquire about group reservations, please call 994-6278.
- Check out our offical MSU Climbing Wall Facebook Page.
MSU Climbing Club
The climbing gym is the meeting location for Montana State University's very own climbing club, "Vert-I-Go." Vert-I-Go helps MSU students get outdoors and explore all the wonderful rock climbing routes and areas in and around the greater Bozeman area (over a 1000 routes!).
Club members go on outings together on the weekends and the evenings. In addition to regular outings, every spring break there is a club trip to somewhere awesome (usually warm); the club pays for your gas as long as you are a member!
Once a year in February, we host a fun and exciting (but not-that-competitive) competition called "The Prince and Princess of Plastic." Come on down to climb or watch—it is a really awesome event. More information will be available on the Vert-I-Go Facebook page as the event approaches.
We want to expand our climbing gym! Help us by supporting our efforts in raising funds for new projects! When you use the climbing wall, leave a mark on the tally sheet. This will show how popular the gym is, and will help us with future projects such as the expansion proposed in the picture below. If you feel the desire to help more, contact the Vert-I-Go club leaders via Facebook.