Climbing Wall Rules
- Feet should never be above the red line while bouldering.
- Stay out of climbers’ fall zones when on mats.
- Bare feet are not allowed; closed-toed shoes must be worn at all times.
- If using Rec. Sports rental shoes, socks are mandatory.
- Shirts must be worn at all times.
- Youth (under the age of 18) must be accompanied at all times by a family member or guardian (above age 18).
- Rec. Sports staff have the right to ask incoming users to wait if the wall and room have reached an unsafe capacity.
- Food and drink are prohibited on the mats; water in a closed container is acceptable.
- All climbers should clean up after themselves; keep your chalk in your bag and on your hands.
- Unsafe conditions or unsafe climbing behavior is not acceptable and all parties involved will be asked to leave the facility.
- Failure to adhere to these guidelines and rules, or abide by the requests of staff may result in termination of the use of the climbing wall.
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages on campus is prohibited. If suspected of being intoxicated, you will be escorted from the fitness center.
Please respect the climbing wall.
Please contact the Fitness Director if you have any questions regarding the Climbing Wall at 406-994-5000.