The Graduate School - Policies and Procedures
"Pass/fail only" courses are those offered solely on a pass/fail basis. These include but are not limited to thesis research (590), dissertation research (690) and consultation (589).
- Registration for pass/fail only courses is the same as for other courses.
- For courses, the student desires to take on a pass/fail basis must complete a form provided by the Registrar requesting that the final grade be recorded as pass/fail.
- A student may submit or withdraw a pass/fail request until the 10th day of university instruction of the semester.
- For pass/fail only courses, grades of "P" or "F" are given.
- "P" grades on the student's transcript are not computed in the GPA.
- "F" grades will be computed in the GPA.
- Pass/Fail credits, excluding thesis/dissertation (590/690) and professional paper (575), may be allowed up to a maximum of three (3) pass/fail credits in all graduate programs
- Pass/fail and other non-traditionally graded courses may not be transferred from another institution.