The Graduate School - Policies and Procedures
- Registration for pass/fail only courses is the same as traditional graded courses.
- For courses the student desires to take on a pass/fail basis, the student must complete the Request for Pass/Fail grade form provided by the Registrar. The form must be submitted prior to the 10th day of university instruction of the semester.
- For pass/fail only courses, grades of “P” or “F” are given.
- "P" grades on the student's transcript are not computed in the GPA.
- "F" grades will be computed in the GPA.
- Pass/fail credits, excluding thesis/dissertation (590/690) and professional paper (575), may be allowed up to a maximum of three (3) pass/fail credits in all graduate programs.
- Pass/fail and other non-traditionally graded courses may not be transferred from another institution.
"Pass/fail only" courses are those offered solely on a pass/fail basis. These include but are not limited to thesis research (590), dissertation research (690) and consultation (589).
Registration for Pass/Fail Courses