Elementary School Science Teaching
National Teachers Enhancement Network
Program Offered: Online Certificate
Fall - July 15th; Spring - November 15th; Summer - April 15th;
Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is not required for this Certificate program.
English proficiency scores with the following minimums: TOEFL (80), IELTS (level 6.5), or PTE (54), are required for applicants who are not U.S. citizens and are not from countries where English is the official language. This requirement is waived if the applicant has earned an undergraduate or graduate degree from an institution in the U.S. or if the student is from a country where the English proficiency score is waived.
Please see our International application process page for a list of countries where the english proficiency score is waived as well as more information on applying as an International student.
Additional Admission Requirements
For additional required admission documents please see program website or view list of requirements in the graduate application portal.
The online graduate certificates in science teaching help educators gain knowledge and competence in one of five specialized content areas. Whether you're teaching a new subject, working toward "highly qualified" status, or staying abreast of your field, our 12-credit graduate certificates will help you get there.
- Certificates are offered through MSU Extended University, creator of the National Teachers Enhancement Network. NTEN has been known since 1993 for high-quality online science courses.
- These science certificates are designed for teachers of all backgrounds. Your fellow students will be K-12 teachers, community college instructors, museum professionals and informal science educators. As you learn along with peers from around the world, you'll absorb new ideas and fresh perspectives.
- Courses are rigorous, content-focused and specially designed for teachers. NTEN's model pairs university professors with in-service teachers during course development.
- Our instructors are experts in their fields and have been specially trained in online teaching
- Courses are 100% online. You can complete your certificate at home and never need to come to campus. However, several field experience courses are available should you desire to visit beautiful Bozeman and the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem.
- Courses are asynchronous, so students can log in any time of the day or night. To maximize interaction among students, instructors will set weekly schedules and assignment deadlines.
- Our Extended University team offers fast, friendly, one-on-one support. From the application process to completion of your certificate, our staff will be with you every step of the way.