McNair Scholars Information
The Graduate School offers an application fee waiver for McNair students from any university applying to a graduate degree program at Montana State University. In order to receive the application fee waiver, the student will need to verify their McNair status by providing an original signed letter or e-mail (with electronic signature) from the student's McNair Scholars Program Director, which includes:
1) Dates the student participated in the McNair Scholars Program.
2) Verification the student was in good academic standing in their McNair Scholars Program.
3) Information regarding the student’s activities during their scholastic career including research, seminars, and/or symposiums attended.
Questions about the McNair Application Fee Waiver or how to submit an application letter should be directed to Melis Edwards at email@example.com. Once The Graduate School receives the letter, it will be reviewed. If the information is verified and an application fee waiver is approved, the fee waiver will be issued via email to the McNair Scholar prior to application submission. Do not apply to The Graduate School prior to receiving the waiver.
Only MSU McNair undergraduate students who meet the following eligibility requirements, may apply for the MSU McNair Graduate Tuition Waiver Award.
- Be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Have completed the MSU McNair Scholars Program.
- Be newly admitted to a graduate degree program in the Fall term.
- Have a GPA of 3.30 or higher in upper division undergraduate courses
- Have not been awarded a full tuition waiver from MSU or outside agencies.