|Values / Goals||Staff / Jobs||Links & Resources||Mailing List|
Living Green at MSU:
Do you have suggestions for how to make this publication better? We plan to review and revise this guide on an annual basis. Contact us for opportunities to get involved.
University/Education Sustainability Organizations
Association for the Advancement of Sustainability In Higher Education (AASHE)
MSU is a member of AASHE. To access member content simply register on the site using your montana.edu email address.
- AASHE Student Resources - resources specifically for students working on sustainability on their campuses.
- American College and University President's Climate Committment
MSU is a signatory. Learn more about MSU's progress toward meeting the committment here.
- Second Nature
- Center for Ecoliteracy
- Campus Consortium for Environmental Excellence
- National Wildlife Federation's Campus Ecology
Bozeman Area & Regional Sustainability Organizations:
- Bozeman Climate Alliance - An information-sharing, collaborative, discussion-and-action group, formed to connect people and community to inspire positive action and education on Climate Change.
- Bozeman Green Drinks - Every month in Bozeman people who care about sustainability get together at informal gatherings known as Green Drinks.
Sustainablity Organizations based in Bozeman with a National or Global Focus
- Sonoran Institute - The Sonoran Institute inspires and enables community decisions and public policies that respect the land and people of western North America.
- Tributary Fund- By invitation from global partners, The Tributary Fund assists religious, scientific and local leaders to collaborate and manage issues of sustainable community development and wildlife habitat protection.
- Bioregions International - works to empower the nomadic cultures of Mongolia to survive in a rapidly-changing world. We support holistic, locally-based projects that promote: public health, environmental preservation, education, and sustainable economic development.
Montana University System:
- Greening UM – University of Montana Sustainability Efforts
- ASUM Sustainability Center – University of Montana student sustainability center
- UM FLAT (Forum for Living with Appropriate Technology) – an experiential live-in house for UM students to demonstrate the practicality of sustainable living.
- Montana Institute on Ecosystems - The Montana Institute on Ecosystems is a community of scholars and partners with a shared vision to advance integrated environmental sciences and related fields.
Green Living and Lifestyle Blogs, etc.
- Good Magazine
- WorldChanging - no longer published, but a great archive of information
- Urban Sustainable Living
- Center for the New American Dream
- High Country News - covers the American West's public lands, water, natural resources, grazing, wilderness, wildlife, logging, politics, communities, growth and other issues now changing the face of the West.
- Orion Magazine - a bimonthly, advertising-free magazine focused on nature, the environment, and culture, addressing environmental and societal issues.
- The Guardian Environment Blog
- NY TimesGreen- a blog about energy and the environment
more coming soon!
Help us expand this resource - please send us your suggestions!
|Sustainability Center Home|