The Health Service is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, and is committed to meeting the highest and most current health standards. Services are provided by experienced physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, registered nurses and other health care professionals. An active quality improvement committee combined with involvement with the American College Health Association keeps the staff current in health care issues facing college students.
Confidentiality:A secure, paperless, electronic medical record is kept on all patients who use the clinic. Medical records are always confidential. Only the patient can authorize release of a medical record to an outside entity, whether it is an insurance company, a parent or a spouse, or an employer.
The Student Health Service saves legacy paper records for 7 years after the date of your last visit. Electronic records will not be destroyed.
Your Rights and ResponsibilitiesAs a patient at the Swingle Student Health Service, your rights include:
- humane care and treatment
- accurate information, to the extent known, concerning diagnosis, treatment and prognosis
- a second opinion, if you wish
- participation in decisions regarding your health care and treatment
- providing honest and direct information relating to your symptoms and health needs
- following the treatment plan established with you
- asking questions if you're not sure you understand what we mean
- showing courtesy and respect to health personnel and other patients
How Are We Doing?We encourage your comments regarding the medical care you receive. A "How Are We Doing?" box for suggestions, compliments, and complaints is located in our main lobby.
All comments are reviewed by our Quality Improvement Committee.