The quickest and easiest way to get your flu shot is by stopping by Student Health Service during one of our flu vaccine clinics. During these clinics, we have a room and staff dedicated to administering the vaccine. No appointment is necessary and there is usually very little or no wait at all.
Cost is $15.
Appointments for flu shots can also be scheduled online via Online Student Health.
TO AVOID CATCHING THE FLU
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. If you are not near water, use an alcohol-based (60-95%) hand cleaner (such as Purell).
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Try not to touch your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Do not kiss a sick person; do not share cups, lipstick or eating utensils with a sick person.
- Beer, wine, cocktails and other alcoholic beverages DO NOT kill the flu virus Ė donít share your drinking cups or glasses.
- Face masks, although popular, are usually not helpful protection from the flu, but if you wish, students can get a surgical mask from the Student Health Service (8 a.m.-11: 30 a.m. Sat). Dust and paint masks can also be used, and are available at hardware stores.