College Office


Get Acrobat Reader


Montana State University requires all students to meet the following immunization requirements before registering for classes.


  1. MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella)

    • 2 doses started after 12 months of age
    • Must be at least 28 days between dose 1 and 2
    • Can be combined or separate vaccinations
    • The 2nd dose must be after 1980
    • Students can have titers to prove immunity to measles, mumps, and rubella in place of MMR vaccination records. 
    • Students born before January 1957 are not required to submit documentation of MMRs

    Official Documentation 

    • Immunization record from doctors office
    • State certificate of immunizations
    • High school transcript including immunizations
    • Military immunization record
    • Yellow immunization card
    • Childhood immunization booklet
    • Lab results of titers showing immunity to measles, mumps, and rubella
    • Student Health immunization form to be completed by a health care provider
  2. Tuberculosis Screening

RECOMMENDED VACCINATIONS  (Discuss with your physician)

  • Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis (TDAP)
  • Hepatitis A
  • Hepatitis B
  • Polio. Student complies if primary series completed (2 oral Polio or 3 intramuscular vaccinations).
  • Meningococcal Meningitis
  • Human Papillomavirus Vaccine (HPV2 or HPV4)
  • Influenza (Yearly)



You can submit your immunization and tuberculosis screening documentation by one of the following methods:


Please call our office at (406) 994-2311 or email questions about immunizations to