Montana State University requires all students to meet the following immunization requirements before registering for classes.
MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella)
- Students need to submit official documentation showing 2 MMR vaccinations that meet
the following requirements:
- 2 doses started after 12 months of age
- Must be at least 28 days between dose 1 and 2
- Can be combined or individual vaccines
- The 2nd dose must be after 1980
- Students can have titers to prove immunity to measles, mumps, and rubella in place of MMR vaccination records.
- Students born before January 1957 are not required to submit documentation of MMRs
- Students need to submit official documentation showing 2 MMR vaccinations that meet the following requirements:
Examples of Official Documentation
- Immunization record from doctor's office
- State certificate of immunizations
- High school transcript including immunizations
- Military immunization record
- Yellow immunization card
- Childhood immunization booklet
- Lab results of titers showing immunity to measles, mumps, and rubella
- UHP - Medical Services immunization form to be completed by a health care provider
- Please read and complete the Tuberculosis Screening Form and return it to UHP-Medical Services
RECOMMENDED VACCINATIONS (Discuss with your health care provider)
- Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis (TDAP)
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Polio. Student complies if primary series completed (2 oral Polio or 3 intramuscular vaccinations).
- Meningococcal Meningitis
- Human Papillomavirus Vaccine (HPV2 or HPV4)
- Influenza (Yearly)
SUBMITTING YOUR DOCUMENTATION
You can submit your immunization and tuberculosis screening documentation by one of the following methods:
- Fax: (406) 994-2504
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- On-line patient portal
- Mail: PO Box 173260, Bozeman, MT 59717
- Dropping it off at the UHP Medical Services front office
CONFIRMING YOUR IMMUNIZATION STATUS FOR REGISTRATION
You can check you immunization status by logging on to MyInfo (http://www.montana.edu/students/), select the Student Services tab, select Student Records, then select View Holds. If there is not an Initial Immunization hold or a Tuberculosis Screening hold, your documentation has met the university requirements. If either hold is on your account, you need to submit documentation verifying your immunization status. Please contact our office with questions.
You can check your immunization status by calling our office at 406-994-2311.
Immunization records and registration holds have to be processed by a staff member, so you may continue to see a registration hold after you’ve submitted your documentation. Please allow some time for our staff to process your records.
Please call our office at (406) 994-2311 or email questions about immunizations to email@example.com.