Montana Dietetic Internship - Policies
The mission of the Montana Dietetic Internship (MDI) is to prepare highly capable entry-level food and nutrition professionals who can integrate sustainable food systems into dietetic practice when employed in clinical, foodservice, community nutrition and integrated practice settings located in rural or urban facilities in Montana or the Rocky Mountain region.
Program Goals and Outcome Measures
To achieve its mission and goals, the program has established strategic goals associated with outcome measures. The MDI will:
Program Goal 1:
Prepare highly capable entry-level registered dietitians, who can integrate sustainable
food systems into dietetic practice.
Program Objectives for Goal 1:
- 80% of MDI preceptors will evaluate MDI interns with an overall average rating of 2 or greater on a 3 point Likert scale (2 = satisfactory) after each rotation.
- 100% of MDI interns will pass the Sustainable Food Systems (SFS) concentration evaluation with an overall 80% score or higher after the related rotation.
- 80% of MDI graduates will pass the RD Exam on the first attempt.
- 90% of MDI graduates will rate their internship experience on how well prepared for entry-level practice they are with an overall average rating of 4 or greater on a 5 point Likert scale (4 = satisfied).
- 80% of employers will rate employees who are MDI graduates with an overall average rating of 4 or greater on a 5 point Likert scale (4 = satisfied).
- 90% of interns enrolled in MDI will complete all program requirements within 150% of the time planned for completion (15 months).
- Over a five-year period, 70% or more of MDI graduates who sought employment in dietetics will be employed within twelve months of program completion.
Program Goal 2:
Prepare entry-level registered dietitians who will serve the needs and enrich the well-being of diverse populations in Montana and the Rocky Mountain region.
Program Objectives for Goal 2:
- Within five years, 25% of MDI RDs will serve the populations of Montana and Rocky Mountain region through employment or volunteer service.
Program outcome data available upon request.