The mission of the Montana Dietetic Internship (MDI) is to prepare highly capable entry-level food and nutrition professionals who can integrate sustainable food systems into dietetic practice when employed in clinical, foodservice, community nutrition and integrated practice settings located in rural or urban facilities in Montana or the Rocky Mountain region.
Program Goals and Outcome Measures
To achieve its mission and goals, the program has established strategic goals associated with outcome measures. The MDI will:
Goal 1: Prepare highly capable entry-level registered dietitians, who can integrate sustainable food systems into dietetic practice.
- 80% of MDI preceptors will evaluate MDI interns with an overall average rating of 4 or greater on a 5 point Likert scale (4 = satisfied) after each rotation.
- 100% of MDI interns will pass the Sustainable Food Systems concentration evaluation with an 80% score or higher after the related rotations.
- 80% of MDI graduates will pass the RD Exam on the first attempt.
- 90% MDI graduates will rate their goal attainment after the internship with an overall average rating of 4 or greater on a 5 point Likert scale (4=satisfied). Assessment will be completed immediately post internship and one year after graduation.
- 80% of employers will rate employees who are MDI graduates with an overall average rating of 4 or greater on a 5 point Likert scale (4 = satisfied).
- 90% of interns enrolled in MDI will complete all program requirements within 150% of the time planned for completion (15 months).
- Over a five-year period, 70% or more of DI graduates who sought employment in dietetics will be employed within three months of program completion.
Goal 2: Prepare entry-level registered dietitians who will serve the needs and enrich the well-being of diverse populations in Montana and the Rocky Mountain region.
- Within five years, 25% of MDI RDs will serve the populations of Montana and Rocky Mountain region through employment or volunteer service.
Goal 3: Prepare entry-level registered dietitians who demonstrate life-long learning, professional and community service, and leadership in the dietetic profession.
- Graduate survey of interns who have passed the RD exam
a. 100% of MDI RDs will complete required portions of the Professional Development Portfolio within two years.
b. 75% of MDI RDs will be active members in state or district dietetic associations within two years.
c. 75% of MDI RDs will participate in community service within five years.
d. 25% of MDI RDs will serve in some type of leadership role in their state or district affiliate or a food and nutrition professional organization within five years.
MSU Policies and Procedures
MDI Policies and Procedures