Local, National & Other Resources
Grief & Loss
- Family Support – Services offered through Montana University System’s Benefits - The Standard’s Life Services Toolkit
- National Share- Pregnancy & Infant Loss Support
- First Candle phone support: Grief Counselors are available 24/7 at 1-800-221-7437
- A Silent Sorrow – Pregnancy Loss: Guidance & Support for You & Your Family, by Ingrid Kohn & Perry-Lynn Moffi
- Coping with Miscarriage: A Simple, Reassuring Guide to Emotional & Physical Healing, by Mimi Luebbermann
- A Gift of Time: Continuing Your Pregnancy When Your Baby’s Life is Expected to Be Brief, by Amy Kuebelbeck & Deborah Davis, PhD
- BirthPlace – breastfeeding services
- Bozeman Health Family Birth Center – pre-natal breastfeeding classes, childbirth education classes, sibling/what about me? classes and Breastfeeding Support Group; most at no fee classes usually scheduled once a month, registration is required. Classes and meetings held at Bozeman Health Deaconess Hospital at 915 Highland Boulevard in Bozeman. For more information or questions vistit website or call 406-414-1644.
- Gallatin Breastfeeding Coalition
- Montana WIC Breastfeeding Support Group – Free breastfeeding classes designed to help new mothers establish and maintain a breastfeeding routine. Classes held at the Gallatin City-County Health Department located at 215 W. Mendenhall in Bozeman. To register for a class, or for more information, please call 406-582-3100.
Social Activities/Events for Families
Social Events & Support Groups
- If you are interested in forming a Moms Supporting Moms at MSU group, please contact Kasia Maison at firstname.lastname@example.org or 406-994-2629.
- Facebook group - Young Moms of Bozeman and Belgrade
This group is for young moms and moms wanting to connect with other moms in similar life situations here in the Bozeman and Belgrade area. Members are free to ask questions, set up play dates and invite people to meet.
- Montana Parent - Blogs
Postpartum Support Groups & Resources
- Bozeman Health’s First Year Postpartum Support Group - 406-414-5073 or 406-414-1644
- Postpartum Support Group in Montana and Bozeman - This page lists the PSI Support Coordinators and other area resources such as groups, telephone support, and reliable services that are available for no charge. We also list local events, trainings, and volunteer opportunities.
- Postpartum Support International (PSI) (PSI) PPD Helpline (not a 24-hour hotline): 1-800-944-4773
- National Postpartum Depression Hotline: 1-800-PPD-MOMS
- Replenish: Experience Radiant Calm and True Vitality in Your Everyday Life, by Lisa Grace Byrnes
- Life Will Never Be the Same: The Real Mom's Postpartum Survival Guide, by Ann L. Dunnewold