- Review at least once every six months the institution's prgram for humane care and use of animals using THE GUIDE and AWA 9 CFR, Chapter 1, Subchapter A as a basis for evaluation.
- Inspect at least once very six months all the institution's animal facilities (including satellite facilities) using the THE GUIDE and AWA 9 CFR, Chapter 1 as a basis for evaluation.
- Prepare reports of the IACUC evaluation as required by the Animal Welfare Act and PHS Policy and submit these reports to the Institutional Official. The reports must contain a description of the nature and extent of the institution's adherence to THE GUIDE, AWA 9 CFR Subchapter A, and PHS Policy and identify specifically any departures and the reasons for such departures, the reports must distinquish significant deficiencies from minor deficiencies and contain a reasonable and specific plan for correcting each deficiency.
- Review concerns involving the care and use of animals at the institution.
- Make recommendations to the Institutional Official.
- Review and approve, require modification in or withhold approval of the use of animals.
- Be authorized to suspend an activity involving animals in accordance with specification in PHS Policy or USDA regulations.
Montana State University
P O Box 173085
Bozeman, MT 59717
Contact: Elizabeth Nicholas
Tel: (406) 994-6821
Fax: (406) 994-4790
Office of Research Compliance