Inheriting Indian Land Media Articles
These articles were written for the four reservations that were part of a Community Outreach Project by the Risk Management Agency of USDA & MSU Extension. You will need to add your tribal information and regional addresses specific to your reservation.
- What is AIPRA and how does it affect you?
- Fractionation: Inheriting undivided interests
- How reservation land is owned by individuals
- How to read your Individual Trust Interest (ITI) report
- Who is eligible to inherit your trust lands and retain trust status?
- How is your undivided interest of 5 percent or more distributed if you pass away without writing a will?
- How is your undivided interest of less than 5 percent are distributed if you pass away without writing a will?
- What is a life estate?
- Writing a will
- Purchase options at probate
- Partitioning an allotment
- Ways to avoid further fractionation of reservation land
- Your Individual Indian Money (IIM) account: What happens to your money if you pass away without writing a will?