Partnership Articulation Between
The American College of Dubai
and Montana State University
Principles of Understanding1. to encourage co-operation and interaction between respective staff, including inter-institution visits on occasion, staff development, academic publications and educational collaboration;
2. to pursue an articulation whereby Montana State University will accept qualified American College of Dubai students into selected undergraduate degree programs.
The following table outlines the direct entry for suitably qualified American College of Dubai graduates into undergraduate degree programs offered by Montana State University.
|ACD Programs||Progression into MSU Programs|
|Business||Bachelor of Science in Business - Enter approximately the end of year 2 in the MSU Business program. Most core courses can be completed at ACD and many 1st and 2nd year Business courses.|
|Computer Science||Bachelor of Science in Computer Science – Enter approximately at the middle of the second year. Most core courses can be completed at ACD and a few general and elective Computer Science courses.|
|Associate of Arts Degree||Any MSU Program – Students would enter approximately at the start of year 3 and would be able to accomplish all core credit at ACD, except for an Arts Inquiry Elective and a Research core that is generally part of their program.|
- Montana State University requires completion of 30 credit hours to enter year 2 and 60 credit hours to enter year 3 of either program.
- American College of Dubai students have the capability to fulfill all MSU core requirements at ACD; except for an Arts Inquiry Elective and a Research core that is generally part of the capstone course for most programs- see equivalency chart for specific details.
- Because you are at an accredited institution all American College of Dubai credits will transfer to MSU – see Explanation of Course Equivalency Chart for details.
- Other programs will be evaluated for equivalency as the partnership grows and students transfer to MSU. MSU will automatically evaluate any ACD student applying to MSU no matter their program of study at ACD!
- Montana State University is prepared to offer admission to ACD graduates who will have a graduation grade point average of a 2.0 or above upon completion of the Associates Degree program.
- English proficiency can be evaluated through:
- IELTS (6)
- TOEFL (195/525)
- Students can petition for a waiver based on excellent grades on ACD Associate Degree English courses and a description of prior English academics.
Transfer Information:Equivalency Chart – so you can personally assess your transfer credits to MSU
(Please also download the explanation document to help you read the Equivalency Chart!!)
As you will note in the above charts, all credits from the American College of Dubai will earn transfer credit at MSU. Students can transfer into any program that MSU offers, however these are some of the more popular programs with specific Transfer Course Recommendations:
Install/Update free Adobe Reader software to view
and print the PDF documents available on this page.
Scholarships:Partner Scholarships are awarded to students from the American College of Dubai. MSU will guarantee at least 1 scholarship of US$4,000 a year to a student from ACD each year. The scholarship winner for ACD is selected by Mrs Christine Mascarenhas based on:
- Grade Point Average at ACD
- Minimum TOEFL score of a 195/525
- Good fit with MSU and academic program
Current Student Information:We currently don't have any students from ACD.
Upcoming visits to your institution: Spring 2006
Contact Information:Mrs Christine Mascarenhas
Dean of Institutional Effectiveness
American College of Dubai
International Programs Specialist
Montana State University – Office of International Programs