Partnership Articulation Between
The Center for American Education - Singapore
and Montana State University
First visit to the Center for American Education -
Principles of Understanding1. to encourage co-operation and interaction between respective staff, including inter-institution visits on occasion, staff development, academic publications and educational collaboration;
2. to pursue an articulation whereby Montana State University will accept qualified Center for American Education students into selected undergraduate degree programs.
The following table outlines the direct entry for suitably qualified Center for American Education - Singapore graduates into undergraduate degree programs offered by Montana State University.
|CAE Programs||Progression into MSU Programs|
|Associate of Arts Degree||Any MSU Program – Students would enter approximately at the start of year 3 and would be able to accomplish all core credit at CAE Singapore, except for an Arts Inquiry Elective and a Research core that is generally part of their program.|
- Montana State University requires completion of 30 credit hours to enter year 2 and 60 credit hours to enter year 3 of either program.
- Center for American Education- Singapore students have the capability to fulfill all MSU core requirements at CAE; except for an Arts Inquiry Elective and a Research core that is generally part of the capstone course for most programs- see equivalency chart for specific details.
- Because you are at an accredited institution all Center for American Education- Singapore credits will transfer to MSU – see Explanation of Course Equivalency Chart for details.
- Other programs will be evaluated for equivalency as the partnership grows and students transfer to MSU. MSU will automatically evaluate any CAE student applying to MSU no matter their program of study at CAE!
- Montana State University is prepared to offer admission to CAE graduates who will have a graduation grade point average of a 2.0 or above upon completion of the Associates Degree program.
- English proficiency can be evaluated through:
- IELTS (6)
- TOEFL (195/525)
- Students can petition for a waiver based on excellent grades on CAE Associate Degree English courses and a description of prior English academics.
Transfer Information:Equivalency Chart – so you can personally assess your transfer credits to MSU
(Please also download the explanation document to help you read the Equivalency Chart!!)
As you will note in the above charts, all credits from the Center for American Education - Singapore will earn transfer credit at MSU. Students can transfer into any program that MSU offers, however these are some of the more popular programs with specific Transfer Course Recommendations:
Install/Update free Adobe Reader software to view
and print the PDF documents available on this page.
Scholarships:Partner Scholarships are awarded to students from the Center for American Education - Singapore. MSU will guarantee at least 1 scholarship of US$4,000 a year to a student from CAE each year. The scholarship winner for CAE – Singapore is selected by Dr Christopher Hamilton based on:
- Grade Point Average at CAE - Singapore
- Minimum TOEFL score of a 195/525
- Good fit with MSU and academic program
Current Student Information:We currently don't have any students from CAE.
Upcoming visits to your institution: Spring 2006
Dr. Christopher Hamilton
Director, Center for American Education- Singapore (65)6-223-4566
International Programs Specialist
Montana State University – Office of International Programs