Partnership Articulation Between
the School of Continuing Studies, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
and Montana State University
Principles of Understanding1. to encourage co-operation and interaction between respective staff, including inter-institution visits on occasion, staff development, academic publications and educational collaboration;
2. to pursue an articulation whereby Montana State University will accept qualified SCS Associate Degree students of the Chinese University of Hong Kong into selected undergraduate degree programs.
The following table outlines the direct entry for suitably qualified CUHK School of Continuing Studies graduates into undergraduate degree programs offered by Montana State University.
Program in Business
|Bachelor of Science in Business – Enter approximately half way through year 2. Need more core credits and some second year Business courses to complete year 2 at MSU.|
Program in Computing
|Bachelor of Science in Computer Science – Enter approx. at the start of year 2. Core and basic CS courses completed for year 1, with some extra core starting year 2.|
- Montana State University requires completion of 30 credit hours to enter year 2 and 60 credit hours to enter year 3 of either program.
- SCS students have the capability to fulfill most MSU core requirements, with the exception of needing 8 more Natural Science core credits and 3 more Communication core credits – see equivalency chart for specific details.
- Because you are at an accredited institution all SCS credits will transfer to MSU – see the Explanation of Course Equivalency Chart and Transfer Credit for details.
- Montana State University is prepared to offer admission to SCS graduates who will have a graduation grade point average of a 2.0 or above upon completion of the Associates Degree program.
- English proficiency must be evaluated through:
- IELTS (6)
- TOEFL (195/525)
- Student can petition for a waiver based upon excellent grades on CHVS Associate Degree English courses and a description of prior English academic training.
Transfer Information:Equivalency Chart – so you can personally assess your transfer credits to MSU
(please also download the explanation document to help you read the Equivalency Chart!!)
As you will note in the above charts, all credits from CUHK will earn transfer credit at MSU. Students can transfer into any program that MSU offers, however these are some of the more popular programs with specific Transfer Course Recommendations:
Install/Update free Adobe Reader software to view
and print the PDF documents available on this page.
Scholarship Information:Partner Scholarships are awarded to students from CUHK; School of Continuing Studies. MSU will guarantee at least 1 scholarship of US$4,000 a year to a student from CUHK. The scholarship winner for CUHK is selected by Ms Margaret Cheung based on:
- Grade Point Average
- minimum TOEFL score of a 195/525
- Good fit with MSU and academic program
Current Student Information:There are currently no students from CUHK at MSU.
Past Scholarship winners: None to date
Upcoming visits to your institution: To be determined
Contact Information:Ms Margaret Cheung
International Programs Specialist
Montana State University
Office of International Programs