Partnership Articulation Between
the HELP University College
and Montana State University
MSU rep. Elizabeth Blanchford meets with Dept.
Head, Dr Vanaja Nethi and Deputy Manager, Ms
Naini Rosline Ibrahim during a fall 2004 visit to
HELP University College, Malaysia.
Principles of Understanding1. to encourage co-operation and interaction between respective staff, including inter-institution visits on occasion, staff development, academic publications and educational collaboration;
2. to pursue an articulation whereby Montana State University will accept qualified HELP University College students into selected undergraduate degree programs.
The following table outlines the direct entry for suitably qualified HELP University College graduates into undergraduate degree programs offered by Montana State University.
|HELP Programs||Progression into MSU Programs|
|Business||Bachelor of Science in Business - Enter approximately the middle of year 2 in the MSU Business program. Most general core can be completed at HELP, however 3 lower division Business core are still required.|
|Biotechnology||Bachelor of Science in Biotechnology – Enter at the start of the second year. Most general core can be completed at HELP.|
|Engineering||Bachelor of Science in Engineering – Enter at the start of the second year. Most general core can be completed at HELP.|
|Psychology||Bachelor of Science in Psychology – Enter approximately the middle of year 2 in the MSU Psychology program. Most general core can be completed at HELP, however 6 lower division Psychology core are still required.|
- Montana State University requires completion of 30 credit hours to enter year 2 and 60 credit hours to enter year 3 of either program.
- HELP University College students have the capability to fulfill most MSU core requirements at HELP; except for Freshman Seminar with a verbal component and a Research core that is generally part of the capstone course for most programs- see equivalency chart for specific details.
- Because you are at an accredited institution all HELP University College credits will transfer to MSU – see Explanation of Course Equivalency Chart for details.
- Other programs will be evaluated for equivalency as the partnership grows and students transfer to MSU. MSU will automatically evaluate any HELP University College student applying to MSU no matter their program of study at HELP!
- Montana State University is prepared to offer admission to HELP graduates who will have a graduation grade point average of a 2.0 or above upon completion of the Associates Degree program.
- English proficiency can be evaluated through:
- IELTS (6)
- TOEFL (195/525)
- Students can petition for a waiver based on excellent grades on HELP Associate Degree English courses and a description of prior English academics.
MSU Representative visits HELP University College
Transfer Information:Equivalency Chart – so you can personally assess your transfer credits to MSU
(Please also download the explanation document to help you read the Equivalency Chart!!)
As you will note in the above charts, all credits from HELP University College will earn transfer credit at MSU. Students can transfer into any program that MSU offers, however these are some of the more popular programs with specific Transfer Course Recommendations:
Install/Update free Adobe Reader software to view
and print the PDF documents available on this page.
Scholarships:Partner Scholarships are awarded to students from HELP University College. MSU will guarantee at least 1 scholarship of US$4,000 a year to a student from HELP. The scholarship winner for HELP is selected by Dr Vanaja Nethi based on:
- Grade Point Average
- Minimum TOEFL score of a 195/525
Good fit with MSU and academic program
Current Student Information:We currently have 1 student from HELP at MSU : Mr James Lim
Joining us for fall semester 2005: Mr Koonyak Chia
Past Scholarship winners: Mr James Lim
Next visit to HELP campus: Fall 2005
Ms Naini Rosline Ibrahim
Deputy Manager, Dept of American Degree Program
HELP University College
International Programs Specialist
Montana State University – Office of International Programs