Partnership Articulation Between
the Hong Kong Community College, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
and Montana State University
Principles of Understanding1. to encourage co-operation and interaction between respective staff, including inter-institution visits on occasion, staff development, academic publications and educational collaboration;
2. to pursue an articulation whereby Montana State University will accept qualified Hong Kong Community College Associate Degree students of the Hong Kong Polytechnic University into selected undergraduate degree programs.
The following table outlines the direct entry for suitably qualified Hong Kong Community College graduates into outlined undergraduate degree programs offered by Montana State University.
|Associate in Business||Bachelor of Science in Business – Enter approximately the start of 3rd year Business program. Most core and Business courses completed for years 1 & 2 – see Course Equivalency chart for details on missing requirements.|
Associate in Information
|Bachelor of Science in Computer Science – Bachelor of Science in Computer Science – Enter approximately the start of year 2 in the CS program. Most core and 1st year CS requirements completed, and many upper division courses, however your program lacks intermediate CS requirements – see Equivalency Chart for details.|
- Montana State University requires completion of 30 credit hours to enter year 2 and 60 credit hours to enter year 3 of either program.
- Hong Kong Community College students have the capability to fulfill most MSU core requirements, with the exceptions of Natural Science and Communication core – see the Equivalency Chart for specific details.
- Because you are at an accredited institution all Hong Kong Community College credits will transfer to MSU – see the Explanation of Course Equivalency Chart and Transfer Credit for details.
- Montana State University is prepared to offer admission to Hong Kong Community College graduates who will have a graduation grade point average of a 2.0 or above upon completion of the Associates Degree program.
- English proficiency must be evaluated through:
- IELTS (6)
- TOEFL (195/525)
- Student can petition for a waiver based upon excellent grades on Hong Kong Community College Associate Degree English courses and a description of prior English academic training.
Transfer Information:Equivalency Chart – so you can personally assess your transfer credits to MSU
(please also download the explanation document to help you read the Equivalency Chart!!)
As you will note in the above charts, all credits from CUHK will earn transfer credit at MSU. Students can transfer into any program that MSU offers, however these are some of the more popular programs with specific Transfer Course Recommendations:
- Associate Degree Program in Business majors
- Associate Degree Program in Information Technology majors
Install/Update free Adobe Reader software to view
and print the PDF documents available on this page.
Scholarship Information:Partner Scholarships are awarded to students from Hong Kong Community College. MSU will guarantee at least 1 scholarship of US$4,000 a year to a student from Hong Kong Community College. The scholarship winner for Hong Kong Community College is selected by Mr Mike Kan based on:
- Grade Point Average
- minimum TOEFL score of a 195/525
- Good fit with MSU and academic program
Current Student Information:There are currently no students from Hong Kong Community College at MSU.
Past Scholarship winners: None to date
Upcoming visits to your institution: To be determined