Partnership Articulation Between
the HKU - SPACE Global College, Suzhou
and Montana State University
Principles of Understanding1. to encourage co-operation and interaction between respective staff, including inter-institution visits on occasion, staff development, academic publications and educational collaboration;
2. to pursue an articulation whereby Montana State University will accept qualified Associate Degree and 3-year Dazhuan Diploma students in HKU SPACE Global College into selected undergraduate degree programs.
The following table outlines the direct entry for suitably qualified HKU SPACE Global College graduates into the outlined undergraduate degree programs offered by Montana State University.
|HKU SPACE Global College Programs||Progression into
ABA-Marketing; ABA-China Business
|Bachelor of Science in Business - Enter approximately at year 2 1/2 in the MSU Business program. All but 2 general core can be completed at HKU SPACE Global College; and 4 lower division Business core still required.|
|AASIT||Bachelor of Science in Computer Science – Enter approximately at year 2 ½ in the MSU Computer Science program. All but 2 general core can be completed at HKU Space Global College.|
- Montana State University requires completion of 30 credit hours to enter year 2 and 60 credit hours to enter year 3 of either program.
- HKU SPACE Global College students have the capability to fulfill most MSU core requirements; except for writing and speech core courses.
- Because you are at an accredited institution all HKU SPACE Global College credits will transfer to MSU – see the Explanation of Course Equivalency Chart and Transfer Credit for details.
- Montana State University is prepared to offer admission to HKU SPACE Global College graduates who will have a graduation grade point average of a 2.0 or above upon completion of the Associates Degree or Dazhuan Diploma program.
- English proficiency must be evaluated through:
- IELTS (6)
- TOEFL (195/525)
- Student can petition for a waiver based upon excellent grades on SPACE Associate Degree English courses and a description of prior English academic training.
Transfer Information:Equivalency Chart – so you can personally assess your transfer credits to MSU
(please also download the explanation document to help you read the Equivalency Chart!!)
As you will note in the above charts, all credits from HKU SPACE Global College will earn transfer credit at MSU. Students can transfer into any program that MSU offers, however these are some of the more popular programs with specific Transfer Course Recommendations:
Scholarship Information:Partner Scholarships are awarded to students from HKU – SPACE Global College. MSU will guarantee at least 1 scholarship of US$4,000 a year to a student from HKU – SPACE Global College. The scholarship winner for Suzhou is selected by Ms Wing Ho based on:
- Grade Point Average
- minimum TOEFL score of a 195/525
- Good fit with MSU and academic program
Current Student Information:There are currently no students from HKU – SPACE Global College at MSU.
Past Scholarship winners: None to date
Upcoming visits to your institution: To be determined