Partnership Articulation Between
Sepang Institute of Technology, American Degree Program
and Montana State University
Head of the American Degree Program at Sepang
Institute of Technology, Ms Vicky Teo demonstrates
MSU spirit waving a banner presented by MSU
representative Elizabeth Blanchford during a spring
2003 visit to SIT
Principles of Understanding1. to encourage co-operation and interaction between respective staff, including inter-institution visits on occasion, staff development, academic publications and educational collaboration;
2. to pursue an articulation whereby Montana State University will accept qualified Sepang Institute of Technology Associate Degree students into selected undergraduate degree programs.
The following table outlines the direct entry for suitably qualified SIT American Degree Program graduates into outlined undergraduate degree programs offered by Montana State University.
|SIT Program||Progression into MSU Program|
|Associate Degree in Business||Bachelor of Science in Business - Enter approximately the start of year 3 in the Business program. Most core and all but 1 lower division Business course complete.|
- Montana State University requires completion of 30 credit hours to enter year 2 and 60 credit hours to enter year 3 of either program.
- SIT American Degree Program students have the capability to fulfill most MSU core requirements, with the exception of some Natural Science and Communication core – see the Equivalency Chart for specific details.
- Because you are at an accredited institution all SIT credits will transfer to MSU – see the Explanation of Course Equivalency Chart and Transfer Credit for details.
- Montana State University is prepared to offer admission to SIT American Degree Program graduates who will have a graduation grade point average of a 2.0 or above upon completion of the Associates Degree program.
- English proficiency must be evaluated through:
- IELTS (6)
- TOEFL (195/525)
- Student can petition for a waiver based upon excellent grades on SIT Associate Degree English courses and a description of prior English academic training.
For a look at the full Partnership Agreement Document please click here
Equivalency Chart – so you can personally assess your transfer credits to MSU
(please also download the explanation document to help you read the Equivalency Chart!!)
As you will note in the above charts, all credits from SIT will earn transfer credit at MSU. Students can transfer into any program that MSU offers, however these are some of the more popular programs with specific Transfer Course Recommendations:
Install/Update free Adobe Reader software to view
and print the PDF documents available on this page.
Scholarship Information:Partner Scholarships are awarded to students from Sepang Institute of Technology. MSU will guarantee at least 1 scholarship of US$4,000 a year to a student from SIT. The scholarship winner for SIT is selected by Ms Vicky Teo based on:
- Grade Point Average
- minimum TOEFL score of a 195/525
- Good fit with MSU and academic program
Current Student Information:There are currently no students from SIT at MSU.
Past Scholarship winners: None to date
Upcoming visits to your institution: To be determined
Contact Information:Ms Vicky Teo
Head, American Degree Program
(603)3343 0628 (Ext:284)
International Programs Specialist
Montana State University
Office of International Programs