Partnership Articulation Between
the American Degree Program at Taylorís College, Malaysia
and Montana State University
MSU representative Elizabeth Blanchford pictured
with Ms Geraldine Chong and Ms Sharifah Nurafzan
Syed Danial in front of Taylor's College, American
Degree Program office during a fall visit 2004.
Principles of Understanding1. to encourage co-operation and interaction between respective staff, including inter-institution visits on occasion, staff development, academic publications and educational collaboration;
2. to pursue an articulation whereby Montana State University will accept qualified American Degree Program students of Taylorís College into selected undergraduate degree programs.
The following table outlines the direct entry for suitably qualified ADP Taylorís College graduates into undergraduate degree programs offered by Montana State University.
Program in Business
|Bachelor of Science in Business Ė Enter at the start of year 3. All core courses can be fulfilled at Taylorís and only 1 Business lower division course left to take at MSU.|
Program in Computing
|Bachelor of Science in Computer Science Ė Enter approx. the middle of year 2 in the Computer Science program at MSU. All core courses can be fulfilled at Taylorís. Six lower division CS core requirements left to be filled at MSU.|
- Montana State University requires completion of 30 credit hours to enter year 2 and 60 credit hours to enter year 3 of either program.
- Taylorís College students have the capability to fulfill all MSU core requirements Ė see equivalency chart for specific details.
- Because you are at an accredited institution all Taylorís College credits will transfer to MSU Ė see the Explanation of Course Equivalency Chart and Transfer Credit for details.
- Montana State University is prepared to offer admission to Taylorís ADP graduates who will have a graduation grade point average of a 2.0 or above upon completion of the Associates Degree program.
- English proficiency must be evaluated through:
- IELTS (6)
- TOEFL (195/525)
- Student can petition for a waiver based upon excellent grades on Taylorís College Associate Degree English courses and a description of prior English academic training.
Ms Elizabeth Blanchford and Ms Sue-Ann Chia Yuin
Quan during spring 2006 visit to Taylor's College
Transfer Information:Equivalency Chart Ė so you can personally assess your transfer credits to MSU
(please also download the explanation document to help you read the Equivalency Chart!!)
As you will note in the above charts, all credits from Taylor's College will earn transfer credit at MSU. Students can transfer into any program that MSU offers, however these are some of the more popular programs with specific Transfer Course Recommendations:
Install/Update free Adobe Reader software to view
and print the PDF documents available on this page.
Scholarship Information:Partner Scholarships are awarded to students from Taylorís College. MSU will guarantee at least 1 scholarship of US$4,000 a year to a student from Taylor's. The scholarship winner for Taylor's is selected by Ms Geraldine Chong based on:
- Grade Point Average
- minimum TOEFL score of a 195/525
- Good fit with MSU and academic program
Current Student Information:Joining us for fall semester 2005:
Mr Mohd Faisal Abdur Rani
Mr Looh Tchuin Choong
Mr Suresh Gopinathan Suresh
Scholarship winner Spring 2005: Mr Mohd Faisal Abdur Rani
Our next visit to Taylor's College: Fall 2005
Ms Geraldine Chong
Deputy Program Director
American Degree Transfer Program
International Programs Specialist
Montana State University
Office of International Programs