If you are a new student, your tuition and fees will be due shortly after arrival at MSU. Your bill will be complete after you register for classes for specific semesters. For more information on deadlines, please visit the Student Accounts website.
There are several ways to pay your bill:
- MSU has partnered with peerTransfer, a company that processes tuition payments for international students. The system is user-friendly and it can save you hundreds of dollars on the foreign exchange compared to using your bank. We highly recommend using this system.
- By credit card (Visa, MasterCard or Discover): in person at the cashier window or online using MyInfo (select Electronic Billing and Payment).
- By mailing a money order with a copy of your Web bill to MSU Student Accounts (P.O. 172640, Bozeman, MT 59717, USA).
- Some students prefer to pay their MSU bill in four monthly payments over the course of the semester. Students with accounts in good standing can arrange this type of payment plan by completing the Tuition Payment Plan Application and submitting it to Student Accounts. A non-refundable $30 processing fee is charged for this service.
We recommend you open a bank account while in Bozeman. There are two banks in Bozeman that allow students to open a bank account without having a social security number. These two banks will be present during the interactive fair on Orientation Day, so you will be able to talk to a representative then.
- First Interstate Bank: regional bank, conveniently located on campus
- Wells Fargo Bank: national bank, not located on campus