Student Engagement Global Ambassadors (SEGAs) are the heart of involvement on campus. This peer to peer advising program is designed to align with the university's strategic plan and highlight MSU's vision of shared service and campus collaboration.
SEGA students will have the opportunity to share their personal engagement experiences with their peers through study abroad advising and classroom presentations. MSU students interested in getting involved on campus will have the opportunity to consult with SEGAs to better understand the magnitude and breath of engagement opportunities on and off campus.
SEGA Ambassadors will:
- Promote engagement and Study Abroad opportunities at MSU to current students
- Earn Intercultural Studies (ICS 492) credit
- Gain public speaking, group work, and independent project proposal, execution, and evaluation experience
- Be peer advisors
- Make an important life-changing difference in the life of students
Eligibility and Expectations:
- Demonstrated significant involvement in student organizations and/or volunteer work
- Have completed study abroad experience with academic credit awarded through MSU or be a current international exchange at MSU (strongly preferred, but not required)
- Be a full-time, enrolled undergraduate student (12 credit hours)
- Attend trainings and meetings
- Participate in engagement activities
- Present to various audiences including MSU Friday, Orientations, Classrooms, etc.
- Positively promote and represent study abroad
- Respond to questions about student engagement and study abroad
- Be in good academic and judicial standing
- 35-45 hours per semester
- The time commitment is not evenly spread out during the semester - there will be times that are much busier than others
- Drop-in peer mentoring hours for 2-hour blocks every week during the semester
- One half day training at the start of the semester, typically scheduled the first Saturday of the term
- Attend 4-6 class meetings throughout the semester
- Complete the Spring 2018 SEGA application form.
- Application deadline for Fall 2018 May 4th. Prepare a 3-5 minutes presentation
- The presentation prompt will be sent out after the initial review of applications
- All presentations will be over Skype.
- Notification of SEGA acceptance will take place May 18th.