Studying abroad in the summer is the perfect option for those individuals who want the experience of studying overseas but, for academic, economic, or personal reasons, are unable to go for a full semester. Summer programs usually combine classroom work with field trips to various cultural and historical sights.
These MSU short term study abroad programs are open to MSU students, Non-MSU students, and community members who meet specific requirements. Students may use financial aid to pay for summer study abroad programs, but only when registering for a minimum of 6 credits . Students considering financial aid should contact the Financial Aid Office immediately. You can download and print the Summer Programs Financial Aid Information Sheet (14 KB) in Acrobat (PDF) format. See the specific program below to determine application deadlines.
MSU Faculty Led Summer 2013 Programs:
- ANTARCTICA: Ecology and Politics in the Frozen South
- OXFORD ENGLAND: Design/Build Architecture in Oxford
- DOMINICAN REPUBLIC: College of Nursing program
- SHAKESPEARE'S ENGLAND: in the footsteps of the Bard
- MONTREAL: Landscape Architecture
- GERMANY: Culture, Language and History
- COSTA RICA: Language, Culture & Medicine
- MOROCCO: Sustainable Community Developement
- INDONESIA: Language, Culture, History
- CHINA: Language and Culture
- JAPAN: Language and Culture
- MUSIC: Influences of Spain and Morocco
- SCOTLAND: Highland Inspiration
- CHINA: A Country in Transition
- GREECE: The Greek Cultural Experience
- MONGOLIA: Land & Water
- ENGLAND/FRANCE: Literature & Arts in Context
- ECUADOR: College of Nursing program
- NICARAGUA: Spanish Language
- LIMERICK: Communication for Engineers
- KENYA: Follow the Materials (to build a house)
- Upcoming Informational meetings and other events for faculty-led summer programs
Follow this link to watch a 35 minute video conference explaining Summer 2012 Programs:
Follow this link to register your foreign travel. MSU Policy requires faculty taking students abroad to register their travel with the Office of International Programs. Faculty traveling abroad on MSU business are strongly encouraged to register as well.
Summer programs can also be arranged through:
International Student Exchange Program (ISEP)
Programs in English:
Intensive language programs:
College Consortium for International Studies (CCIS)
For more information on summer study abroad programs visit the CCIS study abroad programs website.