Friends International Buddy Program
MSU Student Application
The Friends Buddy Program was established as a trial run project in Fall 2013. Two MSU Alumni experienced similar programs while they were abroad. They loved the guidance, friendships, and help they received and decided to initiate their own program at MSU. Each semester we pair MSU students with incoming international and exchange students. We provide you with their contact information and from there the club is driven by your outreach and the needs of your buddy.
To be a Buddy you must be willing and able to do the following:
- Commit to emailing your buddy 2-3 weeks before their arrival
- Invite your buddy to like the Friends Facebook Page
- Answer questions or concerns they may have about MSU, Bozeman, what to pack, etc.
- Set up a coffee meet-up with your buddy shortly after they arrive (we provide free coffee coupons)
- Be willing to offer assistance such as, but not limited to, buying books, giving a campus tour, taking them to Walmart to buy supplies, or moving into their new room
- Attend the Rec Center Party during the first month of the semester
- Participate in the off-campus event (not required, but encouraged)
You are signing up to help and support the students while they adjust to Bozeman and MSU Life. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: This program is not a dating service, church group, or outlet for evangelism.
denotes required fields.