Thank you for supporting Study Abroad - Faculty and Staff support for Study Abroad is crucial. Below are some resources to help you understand study abroad and assist students. If you need anything else, please contact the Study Abroad Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 406-994-7151
How Study Abroad Works
- Attend an information session to get some general information about study abroad.
- Set up an appointment to meet individually with a study abroad advisor.
- Students and study abroad advisors talk through the types of programs best for the student based on finances, major, and personal goals.
- Search for courses and course descriptions.
- Meet with their academic advisor and the Registrar's Office to get their study abroad courses approved.
Study Abroad advisors can not approve major or core courses for student.
- Attend a travel health and safety class and pre-departure orientation prior to departure.
Important Things for Advisors/Faculty to Know While their Student is Abroad
Academic advisors/faculty approve or not approve courses abroad. Study Abroad staff does NOT approve courses.
Students are expected to meet with advisors/faculty prepared with course descriptions from the school abroad.
Students will need their advisor PIN emailed to them the semester prior to their return to MSU so they can register for courses.
Transcripts from abroad can take up to 6 months to reach Montana State.
Ways to Get Involved
Classroom Presentations - Available Fall, Spring, and Summer
Study Abroad Ambassadors and Staff are available to give your class or group a 5-10 minute presentation to introduce your students to study abroad opportunities at MSU. Contact Study Abroad with your availability including location, class time, and preferred date. Study abroad will follow-up with a confirmation.
Students participate in short interviews with Study Abroad Staff, Faculty, and Study Abroad Ambassadors as part of the application process prior to acceptance to Study Abroad. Contact Study Abroad for more information or to volunteer to help.
Curriculum integration is the process of integrating study abroad options into the academic experience for students in your college. If your department is interested in streamlining the study abroad process for your students through curriculum integration, or you would just like to learn more, please contact Study Abroad.
Forms and Resources
Schools by Major
Faculty Led Programs
Please contact email@example.com for more information regarding these programs
How Returned Study Abroad Students Can Get Involved: