Undergraduate Scholars Program
- MSU funding program for undergraduate research and creative activity in any discipline
- Contact: Steve Holmgren, program director, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Must be receiving a Pell Grant as part of financial aid package
- Must be an undergraduate in good standing
- Program must last between 4 weeks and one year
- Fall and summer 2011: March 1
- Spring 2012: April 15
Applicants must apply directly to their local Rotary Club
Academic-Year Ambassadorial Scholarships
- Undergraduate or graduate students
- Awards up to $22,000 for a year of study
- Must have completed 3 years of university of professional experience
- Must apply one year before study abroad program
- For more information conerning the Rotary Club Ambassadorial Scholarships, click here.
Go Overseas Scholarship
- General study abroad scholarship.
- Available to students participating in any study abroad program. Scholarships of $1000 are awarded each year. The scholarship is awarded based on the creativity and analytical thinking displayed through writing samples and/or video submissions.
- Click Here for more information and application.
Rocky Mountain Regional Center Scholarships for Study Abroad
Nancy Petry Scholarship
- Open to U.S. students currently enrolled in a graduate degree program at a higher education institution in Colorado to study abroad during the 2010-2011 academic year. Students are not restricted to certain countries or fields of study although the committee encourages applicants in the fields of environmental studies, international business, or economics. Students should demonstrate some proficiency with the language of their chosen country if the program proposed is for a non-English speaking country. One award of $5,000 will be awarded for the 2010-2011 academic year.
Adell & Hancock Fund Scholarship
- The purpose of the Adell & Hancock Fund is to provide supplemental support to U.S. and international students to carry out their international educational plans. Two awards of $2,500 will be awarded for the 2010-2011 academic year
- For more information pertaining to both scholarships, click here.
Boren Award for International Study (Formerly NSEP)
- For study in locations outside of Western Europe, Australia/New Zealand
- Undergraduate and graduate students are eligible
- Language study must be a significant component of study abroad program
- Boren is funded by the federal government in an effort to increase Americans' understanding of countries and languages important to national security.
- Inquire at OIP for more information
- Deadlines: February 10, 2011
COUNTRY/REGION SPECIFIC SCHOLARSHIPS
Australia Awards - Endeavour Awards
The Endeavour Awards aim to:
- Develop on-going educational, research and professional linkages between individuals, organisations and countries,
- Provide opportunities for high achieving individuals from Australia and overseas to increase their skills and enhance their global awareness,
- Contribute to Australia’s position as a high quality education and training provider, and a leader in research and innovation, and
- Increase the productivity of Australians through an international study, research or professional development experience.
- See Website for delails; click here.
Bridging Scholarships for Study Abroad in Japan
- For students studying abroad in Japan
- Funding for students studying abroad in Japan
- $2,500 awarded for a semester and $4000 awarded for the academic year
- See website for details; click here.
- For study in Asia: awards range from $3,000- $7,000
- Student must propose and present a create and informative service plan to the university, describing study abroad experience
- For more information, please click here.
- Summer: Tuesday, February 15, 2011
- Fall: Friday, April 1, 2011
- Spring: Wednesday, October 12, 2011
Morgan Stanley Scholarships
- The Morgan Stanley Scholarship essay competition awards two $7,500 scholarships to a student studying abroad in Japan. The essay is a 6-10 page research paper on specified topics
- For more information, please click here.
Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange Program
- Funding for German language study in Germany.
- Program runs July-July, 4 months of study and 6 months of internship with a company in Germany
- Designed for career-oriented young adults (18-24) in business, technical and vocational fields
- Previous knowledge of German is not required but is strongly recommended
- Deadline: December 18th
DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) Scholarship
- For undergraduate study or graduate research in Germany
- A variety of funding opportunities are available
- Preference is given to students whose projects or programs are based at and organized by a German university
- Award winners may participate in an established study abroad program or pursue independent, self-designed study
Deadline: January 31, 2011; various.
The German Marshall Fund of the United States
- Offers several fellowships for study/research in Germany
- Deadline: Various
Sons of Norway Norwegian-American Heritage Fund Scholarship
- For any American over 18 years of age wishing to study in Norway
- Deadline: March 1st
British Marshall Scholarships
- Two year grants for graduate study at any university or business school in Britain
- Awards include tuition, living allowance, airfare and a book grant
- Deadline: 1 October 2010
PROGRAM SPECIFIC SCHOLARSHIPS
College Consortium for International Studies (CCIS) (scholarship currently suspended)
- Applicants must be participating in a CCIS program and have no prior collegiate study abroad experience
- Scholarships in the amount of $1,000 for semester-long programs and $500 for summer programs.
- Students with high GPA and who do volunteer work are favored.
- Applications available in the Office of International Programs
Fall- May 1
Spring- Oct. 15
Summer- April 1
Council on International Educational Exchange (CIEE)
- For students participating in CIEE programs
- A variety of competitive scholarship programs available
- Check website for eligibility, selection and application information
- summer, fall, and academic year programs - April 1
- winter, spring and calendar year programs - November 1
- A few scholarships are available depending on location.
- Check website for scholarship details and deadlines.
ISEP is now accepting nominations from U.S. member institutions for student scholarships funded through The New York Community Trust-Annette Kade Fund.
- Annette Kade $3,000 Scholarships - full year students only (2 available for 2011-12)
- Annette Kade $2,000 Scholarships - semester and full year students (5 available for 2011-12)
- Annette Kade $1,000 Scholarships - semester and full year students (11 available for 2011-12)
Grants will be awarded to U.S. ISEP academic year and semester participants in order to encourage students with a genuine interest in learning German or French abroad. The target audience for these scholarships is students wishing to pursue study at one of the German or French language programs within the ISEP membership. The award criteria for the scholarships include academic background, desire to improve language ability, and genuine financial need.
- Must be a U.S. ISEP nominee for France, Germany, Austria or Switzerland (full year, semester, or the combined semester/summer ISEP programs)
- Applicants should also demonstrate financial need.
- ISEP Scholarship Application Form (PDF) signed and endorsed by home ISEP coordinator
- Mandatory completion of a post-exchange student evaluation form.
- All applicants must submit a response to two essay questions- the first based on financial need and the second relating to the culture/language of the host country.
Applications are available to download as of March 14, 2011. All nominations should be submitted to ISEP by April 15, 2011. Scholarship applicants will be notified in early June of the status of their application.
MSU College of Business International Scholarships
- Must be formally admitted to the MSU College of Business
- Requires strong academic performance at MSU & the College of Business
- Demonstrated commitment to international business education and professional development
- Award amount: $1,000
- Contact: Susan Dana; 316 Reid; 994-6203; email@example.com
- Deadline: December 5th, 2007
- Download application and scholarship criteria here
OAS/IE Scholarship for Masters in International Relations Program
- Intended for students who can make a relevant contribution to the global outlook and intellectual diversity of the Master in International Relations at IE Business School
- IE Business School is located in Madrid and Segovia, Spain
- Award covers 65% of tuition for 2008-2009
- Deadline: August 25, 2008
- All inquiries contact:
IE School of Arts and Humanities
Tel: +34 91 568 9610
- For recent B.S./B.A. graduates, master's and doctoral students and young professionals and artists
- Grantees plan their own program, which may include study, research, working as an English teaching assistant, special projects or a combination of areas
- Applicants must be a U.S. citizen to be eligible and have a B.A. or equivalent degree at time of grant
- Applications due early October. Process begins one year before grant year
- Advising for Fulbright application available in the Office of International Programs.
Sally O'Neill is the MSU campus Fulbright contact. firstname.lastname@example.org
American Scandinavian Foundation
- Grants for advanced study or research in Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, and Sweden.
- Applicant must have well-defined research or study project that makes a study in Scandinavia essential. Undergraduate education must be completed by start of project
- Deadline: November 1
Jacob K. Javits Fellowship Program
- Awards fellowships to undertake graduate study in specific fields in the arts, humanities, and social sciences leading to a doctoral degree or to a master's degree.
- Students selected on demonstrated achievement and financial need
- Deadline: September 4th
ADDITIONAL SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
To search for additional study abroad scholarship opportunities, visit the Institute for International Education's Study Abroad Funding website: www.studyabroadfunding.org.