Scholarships and Grants
- For study in locations outside of Western Europe, Australia/New Zealand
- Undergraduate and graduate students are eligible
- Language study must be a significant component of study abroad program
- Must be receiving a Pell Grant as part of financial aid package
- Must be an undergraduate in good standing
- Program must last between 4 weeks and one year
- Recent MSU Gilman recipients:
- Lynn Mad Plume - Zambia Summer 2015
- Elizabeth Guerra - Ireland Fall 2014
- Kathryn Deslauriers - Greece Summer 2014
- Texel Feder - Denmark Spring 2013
- Brittany Smutek - Jordan Fall 2012
- Maggie Yahvah - Italy Fall 2012
- Justin Beschorner - Australia Fall 2012
- Katie Olson - India Spring 2012
- Contact Study Abroad for more information on how to apply
- General study abroad scholarship.
- Available to students participating in any study abroad program.
- MSU funding program for undergraduate research and creative activity in any discipline
COUNTRY/REGION SPECIFIC SCHOLARSHIPS
- For undergraduate students studying abroad in Japan.
- Scholarships for U.S. citizens living in Montana, Washington, Idaho, Oregon, and Alaska
- The Morgan Stanley Scholarship essay competition is for students studying abroad in Japan.
- For undergraduate study or graduate research in Germany
- Preference is given to students whose projects or programs are based at and organized by a German university
- Monthly stipend awarded to one or two MSU students attending the University of Applied Sciences Ravensburg-Weingarten
- Currently available for Spring 2016 applicants
- Applications due by October 15, 2015
- For American students over 18 years of age wishing to study in Norway.
- Scholarships for African American, Hispanic American, Native American, and Filipino American students.
- Internationally competative scholarship for students studying in Australia
PROGRAM SPECIFIC SCHOLARSHIPS
- Applicants must be participating in a CCIS program and have no prior collegiate study abroad experience
- Students with high GPA and who do volunteer work are favored
- ISEP offers a variety of scholarships based on study abroad location and applicant need
MSU College of Business International Scholarships
- Must be formally admitted to the MSU College of Business
- Requires strong academic performance at MSU & the College of Business
- Demonstrated commitment to international business education and professional development
- Award amount: $1,000
- Contact: Susan Dana; 316 Reid; 994-6203; firstname.lastname@example.org
- For more information, visit the Braken Center website here
GRADUATING SENIORS OR GRADUATE SCHOOL SCHOLARSHIPS
- For recent B.S./B.A. graduates, master's and doctoral students and young professionals and artists.
- Applicants must be a U.S. citizen to be eligible and have a B.A. or equivalent degree at time of grant.
- Contact Illse-Marie Lee for Fulbright advising.
- Grants for advanced study or research in Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, and Sweden.
- Applicant must have well-defined research or study project that makes a study in Scandinavia essential. Undergraduate education must be completed by start of project.
- Awards fellowships to undertake graduate study in specific fields in the arts, humanities, and social sciences leading to a doctoral degree or to a master's degree.
- Two year grants for graduate study at any university or business school in Britain
ADDITIONAL SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Institute for International Education's Study Abroad Funding: http://www.studyabroadfunding.org/