Summer Programs Abroad
Studying abroad in the summer is a great option for those who want the experience of studying overseas but are unable to go during the academic year.
These MSU short term study abroad programs are open to MSU students, non-MSU students, and community members who receive approval to travel on these program. Students may use financial aid to pay for summer study abroad programs, but only when registering for a minimum of 6 credits . Students considering financial aid should contact the Financial Aid Office immediately. See the specific program below to determine application deadlines.
MSU Faculty-Led Study Abroad Programs for 2014-2015
Currently accepting applications:
- CUBA: Public Health and Policy
- ECUADOR: Rural Healthcare Immersion Experience
- ENGLAND: Political Science
- FRANCE: Cezanne's Path - Provence and Paris
- MEXICO: Literature and the Arts
- MONGOLIA: BioRegions - Environment, Health and Business
- MONTREAL: Landscape Architecture and Horticulture
- MOROCCO: French Language
- MOROCCO: Sustainable Community Development
- NETHERLANDS and GERMANY: Active Transportation
- NICARAGUA: Spanish Language
- ZAMBIA: Community and Family Health
Click above to learn more about the processes and procedures for leading a group abroad. If you have questions, contact the Study Abroad Office at email@example.com or (406) 994-7151.
The MSU International Travel Policy requires that all University travelers must register their international travel prior to departure. This includes faculty, staff and students. To learn more about the travel policy and find resources, please visit the International Travel Resource website.
Additional Summer 2015 Study Abroad Programs
- China - Lanzhou University - DEX
- Students may study at Lanzhou University in China on FULL SCHOLARSHIP! Students are responsible for their own transportation and personal expenses. Contact Study Abroad for more information.
- Japan - Ritsumeikan University - Direct Enroll
- Students can take one Japanese language course and one culture course during a four week program. Students should complete at least one semester of Japanese before participating. Contact Peter Tillack or schedule an advising appointment for more information. Details and cost are listed on their webpage.
- South Korea - Hallym University - Direct Enroll
- Hallym University offers summer courses in Korean language and culture. Details and cost are listed on their webpage.
Central and South America
- Costa Rica - Universidad Veritas - Direct Enroll
- Students may take a variety of courses during the summer sessions, including intensive Spanish and electives. Elective courses can focus on arts and humanities, business, environmental studies, health and human development, history, international relations, and politics. Details and cost are listed on their webpage. Schedule an advising appointment for more information.
- England - University of Exeter - Direct Enroll
- The University of Exeter offers a variety of courses for summer school students during the month of July. Details and cost are listed on their webpage.
- England - Plymouth University - Direct Enroll
- Plymouth University offers Business and Humanities summer programs. Details and cost are listed on their webpage.
- Germany - University of Mannheim - Direct Enroll
- The University of Mannheim offers business summer programs. Details and cost are listed on their webpage.
- Ireland - Limerick University - Direct Enroll
- Limerick University offers 12 separate course options during the summer program, with focus on Irish Studies, Engineering, Business and Architecture. Details and cost are listed on their webpage.
- Spain - Letra Hispanica - Direct Enroll
- Letra Hispanica offers summer Spanish language courses for all levels. Details and cost are listed on their webpage.
- Spain - Polytechnic University of Valencia - Direct Enroll
- UPV offers Business courses in English for the summer term. Details and cost are listed on their webpage.