Congratulations and Welcome to Bozeman!
Access 10th Anniversary Celebration Young Student Leaders Program’s intended outcome is to prepare and motivate participants to become better leaders in their communities and nations. Cross-cultural interaction between the American and the Access Alumni participants will be central to the program. The students will develop these abilities through the following objectives:
- Build specific leadership and conflict resolution skills of program participants.
- Understand the role of youth as agents of change and the avenues that they can take in order to effectively act within their communities.
- Develop participants’ understanding of the importance of volunteerism and civic engagement in American society.
- Advance the participants’ ability to build cross-cultural relationships within novel situations.
- Refine essential communication skills and critical thinking abilities.
- Develop participant knowledge about contemporary political, social and economic issues in American society and the parallel issues in the participants’ home country.
- Develop proficiency in social media.
This group of twenty-three participants from around the globe, will be arriving in Bozeman on April 20th 2014 for an intensive week long Workshop. The program is facilitated by WorldMontana® with the help of the Office of International Programs (OIP) Training and Special Programs Division at Montana State University (MSU) and sponsored by FHI 360.
Participant Program Information
This page will connect participants to the information needed before and during the program. For the day-to-day activities, the program [Calendar to be posted soon] will have the details on the academic program. The program Staff that will be facilitating and guiding the workshop can be contacted if questions arise. Housing will be provided by local Bozeman families called Homestays, and will connect participants to the community during the program.
Before Traveling, there are a few thing to consider. We have comprised a list of What to Bring for the program in Montana that has been helpful for other participants in the past. Also, during the program, if participants need any Money Exchange/ Transfers Bozeman has a a variety of options.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Janelle Rasmussen at firstname.lastname@example.org