- The IRB consists of at least 5 members who are appointed by the Director of the Office of Compliance at MSU with suggestions from other committee members, the IRB Administrator, and members of the faculty.
- IRB members may serve indefinitely at the pleasure of the Director of the Office of Compliance.
- At least two members of the IRB must be non-scientists. These members should be able to review the research from the viewpoint of subjects and may have expertise in law, religion, ethics or matters relevant to committee work.
- The scientific members of the committee should provide a broad representation of physical, biological and behavioral sciences as well as health professions.
- The IRB Administrator is an ex-officio member of the IRB.
- The IRB Chair is appointed by the Director of the Office of Compliance.
Current Committee Members
Alternate Committee Members