RECRUITMENT BEGINS FOR 2013 TRIP TO CHINA
- Provide students with cultural knowledge and enhance opportunities for professional collaborations in China that will benefit their future careers
- Encourage student participation in scientific research
- Encourage student retention in the sciences
Who Should Apply?
Although the program focuses on paleontology research projects,
students in other diciplines are encouraged to apply. We
anticipate approximately half of the student applicants will be
selected from other diciplines and institutions other than MSU-Bozeman.
Selection considerations include:
- Science majors from 2- and 4-year Montana colleges and universities considering a career in research.
geology geography others
- Students at 2-year and 4-year colleges with fewer opportunities for conducting research
- Groups underrepresented in the
- Sophomore and Junior class standing preferred
- Interest in science research career
- Demonstrated ability to follow through on
- Personal maturity
- 2.5 GPA or higher
- U.S. citizen
Research will be conducted primarily at the Natural History Museum in Hangzhou, Zhejiang Provincee Map of China. Dr. Jin Xingsheng, Vice Director of the museum will coordinate the research and arrange for Montana participants to join geology students at Zhejiang Univeristy for a local local field trip and cultural activities. Additional field work includes a 3-day trip to the Tiantai basin to investigate fossil egg localities and visit the Tiantai Museum.