Faculty Course Evaluations
firstname.lastname@example.org| 994-5050 |M - F• 8a - 5p| Renne 51
The IT Center Evaluation office offers paper and online faculty course evaluations.
The course_evals mailing list is the primary means used by the office to communicate evaluation instructions and information to departments each semester. To request evaluations email email@example.com and you will be added to the list.
Report any instructor/course changes as soon as possible so that there will be adequate time to enter the correct data before the forms are generated.
Overview of Course Evaluation Process
- Departments update instructor and course information in Banner by the 15th day of classes. Evaluation requests are made by completing the Evaluation Request form provided by the Evaluation office at the beginning of each semester.
- The Evaluation office generates personalized evaluations for each course/instructor requested. Departments are notified when paper evaluation forms are ready for pick-up.
- The evaluation period (the window when evals are given to students) is the last 2 weeks of classes. Online evaluation reminders are sent every 3 days until either the student has completed the evaluation or the eval period has ended.
- Reports are emailed to departments the following semester.
Please note the following special instructions for ordering early evalutions.
An "early" evaluation refers to an eval given to students mid-semester.
- Use a separate form to make request (do not include with standard end of semester requests).
- Mark the end date of the course(s) clearly on the form.
- Make sure the request is at the Eval Office at least 1 week prior to end of course.