Intel® Active Management Technology (AMT)
Discover, heal, protect
A major barrier to greater IT efficiency has been removed by Intel® Active Management Technology (Intel® AMT), a feature on Intel® Centrino® Pro and Intel® vPro™ processor technology. Using built-in platform capabilities and popular third-party management and security applications, Intel AMT allows IT to better discover, heal, and protect their networked computing assets. Here's how:
- Discover: Intel AMT stores hardware and software information in non-volatile memory. With built-in manageability, Intel AMT allows IT to discover the assets, even while PCs are powered off.¹ With Intel AMT, remote consoles do not rely on local software agents, helping to avoid accidental data loss.
- Heal: The built-in manageability of Intel AMT provides out-of-band management capabilities to allow IT to remotely heal systems after OS failures. Alerting and event logging help IT detect problems quickly to reduce downtime.
- Protect: Intel AMT System Defense Feature protects your network from threats at the source by proactively blocking incoming threats, reactively containing infected clients before they impact the network, and proactively alerting IT when critical software agents are removed. Intel AMT also helps to protect your network by making it easier to keep software and virus protection consistent and up-to-date across the enterprise. Third-party software can store version numbers or policy data in non-volatile memory for off-hours retrieval or updates.
- The Intel® vPro™ Technology Test Utility
- Intel® Processor Identification Utility
- Intel® Setup and Configuration Service (Intel® SCS)
- Developer tool set to use on the AMT chip
- Intel Chipset Utility - for determining a computer's chipset
- Intel System Defense Utility - for AMT desktop management
- Anti Theft Status Utility
- Intel® vPro™ Technology Activator Guide
- Intel® SCS6.0 Installation and User Guide
- Intel® AMT DTK Overview
- Case Studies with Intel ® vPro™ Processor Technology
- Intel® AMT Feature
- Integrating Intel® vPro™ with LANDesk®
- Intel® System Defense Utility User Guide Version 1.6.1
- Intel® vPro™ and Intel Centrino® Pro Quick Start Guide
- vPro™ AMT Technology Brief
- AMT Architecture Guide