Install a VPN client on Mac OS 10.5 +
A VPN (Virtual Private Network) client allows you to securely connect to the MSU network from an off-campus location and be able to access your shares, get Exchange email, and access any other network resource you would normally have access to while at work.
To Install a VPN Client:
- Click the System Preferences link located in the Apple menu, then click Network (figure 1).
- Click the plus button in the lower left corner of the Network window; an interface/service dialogue box will open (figure 2).
- Enter the following:
- Choose VPN for Interface.
- Choose PPTP for the VPN Type.
- Enter MSU VPN in the Service Name field.
- Click Create.
- Choose Add Configuration from the Configuration drop-down menu, then enter MSU VPN in the Name field (figure 3) then click Create.
- Enter vpn.montana.edu in the Server Address field (figure 4).
- Enter your MSU NetID in the Account Name field.
- Click the Authentication Settings... button and enter your password, then click the OK button (figure 5).
- Click the Apply... button to save settings then to connect click the Connect button (figure 6).
To Use Your VPN Client
- Open Network Preferences, click the MSU VPN connection icon in the left sidebar and then click the Connect button.
- Right click on the VPN icon located in the menu status page and select Connect MSU VPN (figure 6).
For assistance please contact the Help Desk (email@example.com - 994-1777).Return to top