How to install a VPN client on Windows Vista or Windows 7
To install a VPN client:
- Click the Control Panel link in the Start menu (figure 1).
- In the window that opens if your view does not show the Network and Sharing Center link click the All Control Panel Items first to expand (figure 2a) the panel.
- Click the Network and Sharing Center link (figure 2b).
- Click the Set up a connection or network link located under Tasks in the left sidebar (figure 3).
- Click the Connect to a workplace link (figure 4) then click Next .
- Click the Use my Internet connection (VPN) link (figure 5).
- Enter vpn.montana.edu in to the Internet address box (figure 6).
- Enter MSU VPN Connection into the Destination Name box then click Nex t.
- Enter your NetID and password in the boxes provided and enter MSU in the Domain (optional) box (figure 7).
- Click Connect.
To use your VPN client
- Open the Start menu and click the Connect To link (figure 8).
- Select the MSU VPN connection from the Connect to a network dialogue box that opens. Enter your NetID, password and the domain name as shown in figure 7 when prompted.
- Click the network connection icon located in bottom right corner of your desktop. (It will look like: or .) In the dialogue box that opens select the MSU VPN connection and click Connect (figure 9).
- Enter your NetID, password and the domain name as shown in figure 7 when prompted.