email@example.com How to install a VPN client on Windows Vista or Windows 7
To install a VPN client:
- Click the "Control Panel" link in the Start menu (figure 1). In the window that opens if your view does not show the Network and Sharing Center link click the "All Control Panel Items" first to expand (figure 2a) the panel.
- Click the "Network and Sharing Center" link (figure 2b).
- Click the "Set up a connection or network" link located under Tasks in the left sidebar.(figure 3).
- Click the "Connect to a workplace" link (figure 4) then click "Next".
- Click the "Use my Internet connection (VPN)" link (figure 5).
- Enter vpn.montana.edu in to the Internet address box (figure 6).
- Enter MSU VPN Connection into the Destination Name box then click "Next".
- Enter your MSU domain username and password in the boxes provided and enter MSU in the Domain (optional) box (figure 7)
- Click "Connect".
To use your VPN client
- Open the "Start" menu and click the "Connect To" link (figure 8).
- Select the MSU VPN connection from the "Connect to a network" dialogue box that opens. Enter your Domain username, password and the Domain name as shown in figure 7 when prompted.
- Click on the network connection icon located in bottom right corner of your desktop. (It will look like: or .) In the dialogue box that opens select the MSU VPN connection and click "Connect" (figure 9).
- Enter your domain username, password and the domain name as shown in figure 7 when prompted.