firstname.lastname@example.org How to install a VPN client on Windows Vista or Windows 7
To install a VPN client:
- Click the Control Panel link in the Start menu (figure 1). In the window that opens if your view does not show the Network and Sharing Center link click the All Control Panel Items first to expand (figure 2a) the panel.
- Click the Network and Sharing Center link (figure 2b).
- Click the Set up a connection or network link located under Tasks in the left sidebar.(figure 3).
- Click the Connect to a workplace link (figure 4) then click Next .
- Click the Use my Internet connection (VPN) link (figure 5).
- Enter vpn.montana.edu in to the Internet address box (figure 6).
- Enter MSU VPN Connection into the Destination Name box then click Nex t.
- Enter your NetID and password in the boxes provided and enter MSU in the Domain (optional) box (figure 7)
- Click Connect.
To use your VPN client
- Open the Start menu and click the Connect To link (figure 8).
- Select the MSU VPN connection from the Connect to a network dialogue box that opens. Enter your NetID, password and the domain name as shown in figure 7 when prompted.
- Click the network connection icon located in bottom right corner of your desktop. (It will look like: or .) In the dialogue box that opens select the MSU VPN connection and click Connect (figure 9).
- Enter your NetID, password and the domain name as shown in figure 7 when prompted.